I am just numb...5/31 Birthday update- at end

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lost my first husband to cancer in 1994....Elmer and I were married in 1997.....I don't believe I can survive this.

Cheri,

We don't know each other; however, I KNOW you can and WILL survive this. God does not give us more than we can handle. Remember the story of the footprints in the sand; God will carry you at your weakest times. You have so many friends throughout the world via this forum who will be praying for Elmer AND for you. Just make certain that Elmer is ready and God will take care of you. And, it's OK to get angry with God; God can handle it.

Know that you are loved by many and that many will pray for both of you.

Cheri,

My heart aches at your news. You, Elmer, and the rest of the family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for posting Elmer's Caring Bridge site. Caring Bridge is such wonderful way to keep the world informed when you just don't have the energy to talk with or write to everyone.

May there be much love and laughter shared with family this holiday weekend. I know that everyone is in shock, but love will get you through this time.

Lynn

OH Cheri, I am so sorry to hear this news. Of course we will all pray for you and Elmer and all the family during this time. That is what family is for, to hold each other up. Just know you are not alone on this journey. Sending a cyber hug and prayers going heavenward now.

Sometimes we just let God suround us. He is all powerful, merciful and loving. He comforts us himself, he sends friends, family, nurses, doctors and a even a quilting post. You don't have to say a word. We will pray for you. Know that you are loved and that He will be with you through this journey. He will comfort you and your husband and all your family.

Thanks for posting so we know specifically what to pray for. We will stand in the gap for you.

I'll keep up with you both through the caringbridge site.

Ann Marie

Cheri, I'm so sadden by your news. Of course you and Elmer will be in my prayers. I know God is holding you up and your footprints are not in the sand. I pray that you will soon feel God's arms wrapped around you and Elmer!

Cheri,

Thank you for taking time to let us know your pain and pleases know that we will hold you and Elmer in our prayers and hearts. You are such a sweet lady and I'm praying that God will provide you the strength you need to face each day. God will help you and your family. Stay strong. ((((((((((hugs))))))))))

I know it is difficult to pray when you are hurting so much. You can take some time off. God will be OK with that. Do remember that your strength comes from Him. I am so sorry for you and like everyone else, I wish I could make things good for you. Those with good health are so lucky!!! Your friends will lift you up through their prayers. Just hang in there.

You have a whole lot of hands here on this forum to hold you up until you can stand on your own again. My prayers are with you and Elmer and your families. I pray for you to find solace in this time of dispair.

Cheri

As a newbie, I quickly learned that this forum is filled with quilters who pray and care for others. I can almost feel your pain and fear. My husband died in 1995 of cancer. I was numb, scared, and full of pain. Yet, I survived. You understand survival after the death of a spouse, but to survive a second time is almost unbelievable. We can give thanks that our Lord and Savior can and will carry you through this most difficult time in your life. I will be praying for you, Elmer and your family. CiCi

Archived