recieved my new Mille

Yeah: Received my new Mille on Wednesday and finally have it set up. This may sound like a DQ but anyway: Mille was shipped laying on her side with other boxes on top. Is that a problem? I haven't turned her on yet because I have been reading all the manuals and watching the video. Today, I will make the quilt sandwich and start the exercises. Wish me luck. I told my DH that remembering functions and which button to use for operating the machine is worse than his fancy tractor.

Congratulations, Marsha on finally getting your millie set up! Don't rush your practice piece, just enjoy the process of learning.I don't know if you've previously done any long arm quilting on another machine, even so, it won't take you long to get used to the hand controls. I can immediately start/stop/cut lower thread etc without even looking at the buttons now!

Enjoy and don't be afraid!

Better get take-away tonight, you won't want to stop!

Thanks everyone. I have a Pfaff Grandquilter and have made over 10 quilts on it but I had to learn everything on my own and have several bad habits to break. So I wanted to start Millie with a "clean" mindset so I will do the lessons and practice more on being a better quilter. It is kinda scarey to tackle such a large machine with so many features.

Marsha,

You just have the beginning jitters. I read on the forum where some lady said she bought a Gamill because she didn't like the buttons on the Millenium. I remember thinking, "That's not a reason to not buy the machine." You don't even notice after awhile as everything becomes automatic. If you love your machine half as much as I love mine, you'll be very happy. And this forum is the absolute best!!!

Hey Marsha, congratulations, it's a very exciting time.

Don't fear the buttons, nothing awful will happen if you push the "wrong" button by mistake, you will only increase or decrease speed, stop sideways or vertical movement or engage or stop the stitch regulator, nothing you can't handle and the lower thread cutter will NOT work if the needle is in the wrong spot, so no fear of decapitating your needle!!

Just go have fun!!

You are going to have sooooo much fun! I, too, read all the literature, watched the DVD several times and then jumped in and played a while. I had a Handi Quilter before, so sort of knew the basics, but the Millie has so many more bells and whistles on it. I LOVE mine.

Archived