Adding Stitch Reg to Ult I???

barbm

Barb, Mine is 1989 or 1990 Ulti I and I had the Intellistitch added this past winter. They came and did it all one afternoon, and I was not charged for travel expenses because I was willing to wait until they had another install in my area. I only really had to wait an extra three weeks so it was well worth it. The cost was $2950. It works very well, and highly recommend it for those of us whose machines cannot be stitch regulated through APQS.

Like Marci, I have an Intellistitch on my machine, but my machine is a Nolting 24 Pro, not an Ult. Nolting uses IQs on their machines as they don't have their own regulator like APQS.

When I first bought my machine, up until fairly recently, I had a little trouble with my stitch length not being as "equal" as I would have liked, but after fine-tuning how tight my wheels were screwed down on my machine, I realized the tight screws in the wheels were what was impeding the free motion I needed to get good, consistent stitches (and free, easy motion!). It works like a charm now.

Oh - I can answer, I just had the Intellistitch added 2 months ago and I love it! My Ultimate I is from early 90's! We tried to decide what we could afford, new machine, up-grade? I am so happy I got it! They put a new motor on and all the neat controls! It's like a new machine and works great!

Hard to spend the $ but my husband insisted for my 50th bday - he said "you aren't getting any younger"?!

I just got all the info. from Intellistitch for a customer of mine with a Ult. 1. $2950 plus about 250-300 for instillation. They work. My suggestion to my customer was to trade-in their head for a newer used (2005-2006 ish) millenium head. They would have been about the same amount of money out-of-pocket and their whole system would be worth more in the end.

Archived