Small batik Lonestar

Originally posted by RitaR

That is stunning. Love the colors, also. Aprox. what size is the quilt including borders.. maybe crib size? or smaller?

Thanks

Hi Rita--It was 58x58.

Thanks for the kind comments. She was very pleased with it!

Oh, yeah, that's a stunner! I'm like Shana looking at those black points, only I can't see what you did there. SID, add a filler, just can't see. Do you have a closeup? I always admire anyone who can get a handle on paper piecing. I once wasted 6 pieces of paper pattern just trying to make a 3 piece picket fence point.

Originally posted by victoriasews

Oh, yeah, that's a stunner! I'm like Shana looking at those black points, only I can't see what you did there. SID, add a filler, just can't see. Do you have a closeup? I always admire anyone who can get a handle on paper piecing. I once wasted 6 pieces of paper pattern just trying to make a 3 piece picket fence point.

The black rays were SIDed and the diamonds were echoed inside a quarter inch. Those center ones were very puffy and needed just a bit of quilting to corral them.

Please feel sorry for me-- between now and November, I have four Cattails in the Meadow and three Glacier Star quilts scheduled. All lovely Judy Niemeyer designs.

My customers all took classes together or worked on them together so I know they will be comparing quilts. I will be hard-pressed to come up with different quilting on all of them!

post--13461908655936_thumb.jpg

Archived