Hand Dyed Quilt

Thank you for all the nice comments. I was really nervous cutting into all those hand dyed fabrics:o

Janice,

Our JoAnn's store does carry Kona fabric that is PFD. It is in with the other Kona solids. If you use a coupon the price isn't too bad.

You can dye fabric that is not PFD. You will need to scour it first, but that doesn't always mean you will get all the processing chemicals out. It may not take dyes as brightly either. It does work. The backing fabric is a Springhill wide fabric I bought at JoAnn's that is not PFD. I bought it several years ago.

Working on the other photos of just fabric.

Guest Linda S

Oh Cheryl, that quilt is just stunning! The colors are so vibrant and beautiful I have a tip for you on triangles if you want to avoid the frustration in the future. Find yourself a product called Triangulations by Brenda Henning of Bear Paw Productions. It will let you print out, from your own printer, half square triangles, quarter square triangles, and even flying geese in almost any size you need. It has improved my piecing by leaps and bounds. I would not be without it.

You did a wonderful job of this -- you should be very proud!

Linda,

I will look up Triangulations. I am always interested in making quilting more accurate. Usually, if I need to paper piece a part of a quilt that isn't paper pieced, I draw up my own and print it off. Thank you for the suggestion because I just don't get in to quilt shops that often or to quilt shows.

Archived