Professional Tote bag

I made two of these. I love it in the owl fabric. I've had the pattern for a while and it just seemed so daunting, but once you start cutting it goes fairly fast. It has three zippers in it and those were not bad at all to put in. All in all...I like it and will probably make a couple of more soon.

The pattern says you can use one way fabric and there isn't any fussy stuff to it. They just seem to turn out the right way and you know what? They did. All my owls are facing up like they are suppose to. Awesome!

I found this fabric online at Fabric Depot in Portland, OR. I love that store.

post--13461908709878_thumb.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inside. It has a zippered part inside and the top of the bag zips closed. I put the key fob in a different spot than the pattern suggested. On the first one I made I added a lot of other pockets. I just opted not to on this one.

I can't for the life of me remember where I found the lining fabric or the contrasting fabrics with the stars. I'm thinking the stars were from some holiday line. I'd love to have some more of both of them.

post--13461908710235_thumb.jpg

This is the pattern I used. It's from Creative Thimble. Look on her site for zippers too because I hated the zippers I used in the first bag after seeing how nice hers was. They are priced well and shipping was fair. She was fast to send them too.

The bag is very well made and very solid feeling. Bigger than you might think at first glance.

post--13461908710403_thumb.jpg

Oh Kristina...just wouldn't happen...LOL. I have friends and family already lined up requesting one. A few of them may get them as presents if they don't make me mad first.

LOL. When I start feeling overwhelmed I put everything down and make something for myself which is why I now have a pretty new tote.

If you "Google" Etsy Professional Tote I think there are at least two on there and you could probably contact them and talk about using your fabric.

Love your bag. I made the same pattern for a dear friend for her birthday. Bought enough fabric to make her one and one for me! That was 4 years ago and mine is still waiting!!!! Story of my life! If I send you my fabric you could make mine too!!! Just kidding but wishing!!!

It looks harder than it is. The pattern designer said that once you have it cut out you are 1/3 of the way done. It sews together very well. You MUST use the labels incuded in the pattern or else you will get so confused. I'll encourage you to get them done...you'll love it.

Guest Linda S

Really great bags, Oma! I love the Owl one. Fabric Depot is a favorite of mine too. I have to go to the endocrinologist at OHSU in Portland on Tuesday, so I may have to pop in there!

I made 15 of these bags and they didn't seem to get any faster or easier as I went along. Considering all of the fabric, decor bond interfacing, zippers etc, I think $150 would be a good price for the bag. I've gone into making far less time consuming bags but the Professional Tote is really a one of a kind bag. It's great and it washes well too.

Archived