Confessions of a quilter

Susanri

I have been trying very hard to make my little studio feel roomy. I took out my tops to be quilted. I have to confess I am the plumber with the leaky faucet. I must have 25 tops to quilt!! So, recognizing my problem of hoarding tops I have decided to get them quilted once and for all! I have started quilting a pretty flea market find. www.nanabluequilts.blogspot.com. I hope I can do at least one a week. Below is my studio it is 7 feet by 12 feet! my Ultimate sits on a ten foot table, so you can see the need for room. I have decided to put cabinets underneath and wall shelf along the very back wall. I can add one shelf along the interior wall. my thread hand from baskets right now.

post--13461908746765_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, forget the quilt tops and the studio, look what a pretty lady you are!!!! Cute as a button!!! Well, I never seem to find any quilt tops at any flea markets. I must start shopping for them more often! You look like you have quite the stash of them. Please post pics of them as you get them finished!!!!

Thanks Sylvia you made me blush lol, It was a rare find for sure, I got a few from Ebay too. but most of that pile are tops I made. I hope to blog about this goal. Next will be what to do with them all? lol. Quilting is such a crazy hobby, love putting it all together.

Susan, what a beautiful smile you have! You look very happy in your space and you have a great spot to work. It's amazing how creative one can be with storage and work space when it's limited. It can be such a fun challenge to make a space work well. I love all your ideas and the hanging baskets of thread is terrific, maybe you can expand on that idea for other items as well. Yup, you have your hands full with quilt tops and don't they look delicious all piled up and ready for quilting. Have fun! :cool:

Wow! I thought I had the market on quit tops backed up. I have about 20, so you win.

I am working in a pretty tight space right now too. I can't get to the back of my Milli, so no pantos right now. I am looking forward to my new studio being done. It needs trim, paint and flooring. Then my husband, a cabinet maker, will do the storage cabinets and shelves. Possibly done in two months.

Archived