Fire in Colorado Springs

Hi All,

Please say prayers for my friends Susan and Scott that the fire doesn't reach their home. They are located in the Mountain Shadow subdivision and were the first evacuated this last weekend. We are in such a drought here in Colorado and all areas are tinder dry. I'm sure there are many quilters who have been displaced. Thoughts and prayers to all.

Diana

Since we also live in the forest and 1 mile from us there usually are campers who build big camp fires, I think before going to bed I may take a drive and report any fires to the Sheriff since there is a total fire ban in Colorado. Maybe then I can get a good nights sleep. People can be such idiots. Please pray for rain!

Diana

mountainquilter, If it is any comfort, I am in Pueblo West and the rain is coming your way. Been a good steady rain for about 15 min, not much but it may help. We were not supposed to get any but looks like the Lord is sharing the blessings today. I am also Praying for all the people up your way, So so devastating. can't imagine what it must feel like to be forced to leave your home, then find out it was burned to the groung. So Sad.....jacque

My son and duaghter live in Colorado Springs. My daughter is going to go to college there this fall. Hopefully the college is still there come August. I talked to my daughter tonight and they got served evacuation plans for if they do have to evacuate. They think it is unlikely though--but one never knows what happens. They live kind of in the center of the city. My nephew attends the Air Force Academy and is a Senior their, and he was helping them all evacuate from the Academy today, as it is heading that way. My uncle has two sisters that live there and one already isn't working because her place of business got closed because of the fires and they also got evacuation plans 'cause if it crosses a certain highway, they will be in the path. UGH. My daughter said the town just smells like a bonfire and there is ashes on the cars --even where they live and they are still a few miles away from the fire. My son works with someone who has lost his home and another one of his friends is close to being evacuated. How devastating for those people. My son has sent lots of pictures,--it seems almost unimaginable when I look at the pictures. Hopefully the Lord will help them all out soon.

Audrey

My brother and sister in law live in Colorado Springs. They were evacuated last night. My brother works at the college and it is a long way from the fire so it's safe. Anyway the fire is 4 blocks from their house assuming embers haven't crossed over the road. They will not confirm how many of the houses were lost in that area. They came to Denver last night with their pups and stayed at my parents but today my brother had to head back so he can work tomorrow. He's going to stay in the dorms, which the college opened up to evacuees. They are living by the internet to watch the 8 am and 4 pm updates to see what is happening. Prayers for all these evacuees! It's a waiting game at this point.

Archived