That bit of bobbin thread left

Another post asked a question about using up the last bit of thread on a self-wound bobbin. Advice was offered that all thread could be used to the end.

I use pre-wound BottomLine bobbins almost exclusively and if I'm on a long run of border stitching or CC's and the bobbin is low, I use a full bobbin and save the almost-used bobbin in a bowl. When customers pick up their quilt, I offer them the left-overs to use to sew on their binding. BL is perfect for binding stitching, especially with a little Thread Heaven treatment. The offer is well-received.

I have a regular who will raid the bobbin stash for applique thread.

That is funny Linda, I do the very same thing. (I mean *what* are you going to do with all those left overs?)

Once I found out that some quilters had not gotten around to hand sewing their binding on after months (or years) of having it quilted,,(as they dreaded the tangled threads & time) I gave them their choice of left over bobbins in my "candy bowl",, they are happy little camper's & are motivated to move on to that next quilt project. :)

:) I float all my quilts so another idea that I do is to use the last little bit of bobbin thread on the next quilt. I use it to attach the top of the batting to my backing and then baste the quilt top to that line to start out. It doesn't matter what color it is because it will never show after the quilt is bound.

Archived