New APQS Website Debuting Soon

I am so on pins & needles waiting for the debut, and am so in hopes I can figure out posting pics, I would so like to have input as to what and where I need to make improvements, more ideas on how to quilt different designs on the quilts and what some of you would do if it was on your frame. I have gone and looked over other forums and just am not happy with them, THIS is the place to be, everyone is like family and so willing to offer help and suggestions, and the company folks are the bestest!!!

Dawn,

Have your IT people thought about us users having to provide some type of credentials to prove we are legitimate, I know with 6353 users? that would be a lot of work for someone to verify credentials before giving out a user name or number from APQS. But, ..hopefully there would be some of those 6300 that could be eliminated because they are spammers.

Maybe from the home page to get into the forum, a login of some type;)

To get the message out to all legits might be a little tricky, but if we all sent an email with just that in the email, you could make a group and then send out a mass message with a login code , or our registration #,..:D IDK, just some suggestions from a computer challenged user??:)

Thanks everyone,

We're excited, too! The team is definitely looking at ways to help keep the Forum clean and reserved for quilters, not purse and shoe salesmen. :) I'll keep deleting the spam when you report them. The Forum migration will likely come after the new website debut, just to be sure we don't have any bugs. Hang in there with me!

Terrific People, terrific quilt machines, terrific work by all at all times, and so inventive... I can hardly wait for the new site.

Two questions... if we have picts we'd like to keep, should we download them now>?

and Second, how long, in hours will the site be down to get the new site up? Anything else we should keep, like how to post a pict, etc..

I guess I'm asking, will we lose everything or will it make a transition over to new carrier??

Rita.. waiting, waiting, LOL, teasing.

• 2 weeks later...

Beverly,

No news yet on the Forum. Our biggest obstacles actually aren't the spammers as much as it is figuring out how to migrate all of the current posts, history, user preferences, etc. over. The IT team is trying to find a way to make the transition happen with as little interruption or change as possible. They're still working on it. :+)

I found this site while shopping around for a longarm........I found a used milli and no regrets , I wanted a machine that would be a work horse if needed and simple for me to do tune ups as needed . I have learned every single thing I need to know for the beginner and so many wonderful tips to achiieving my goals into one day entering a quilt into a show . I could not ask for any better service from the APQS team !!!

Guest Linda S

Apparently, the new forum board cannot come soon enough. What a boat-load of spam this morning! I know the APQS team is very busy, but can they find a secure chat template and plug us in, please?

Linda,

We are working on it. The bigger issue we see is how to migrate all of the old threads over and still make them accessible. The current site set up is more rudimentary and so it is a real possibility we will either lose the previous post history (trying desperately not to do that since so much valuable info is still in older posts) or will have to convert the old posts to "read only" and start over. We (well, the tech team....it is way over my head) are also trying to figure out how to prevent users from losing bookmarks, favorites, etc.

Thanks for your patience!

Guest Linda S

Yes, I'd go for just an archive where we can go back and look if we want to. It wouldn't need to be interactive. Just getting these icky trolls off our backs would be really worth it! Thanks for all the efforts.

Archived