New APQS Computer System

Ok, did I just imagine it? A few months ago I thought there was talk of a new computer system coming out. I thought it was another new one that APQS was developing, but then again, maybe Matt had something to do with it? Anyone have any news on this, or have I finally lost my mind?

Well, the timeframe is a bit flexible as we want to be sure everything is just right before debut. We're shooting for the end of August, if not sooner. It will be easy to self-install, will mount right to your sewing head, and can be removed for designing and digitizing right in your lap. It will be right around $9500. As soon as the engineers have things figured out, watch for an announcement on the website soon! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

We're still working on an end-of-August debut for the system. :)

Judith,

This particular system will only work on APQS machines (Millie and Freedom models immediately....other models soon to follow.) It uses specific advantages of the APQS table design to operate. Right now that's where our focus is, but who knows what the future holds in store? :)

Originally posted by Janette

Hope the vertical lenni tables will work with the computer system???

No, it will not. Just had that confirmed. There is an option for those Lenni owners or owners with vertical wheels.

There is a new smaller, more affordable IQ system that was designed for the smaller machines, but will also work on the larger systems. You can get a panto only version for under $8000.00 and a full system for under $10,000.

I have posted info under the Computerized category.

Originally posted by Katydids

Originally posted by Janette

Hope the vertical lenni tables will work with the computer system???

No, it will not. Just had that confirmed. There is an option for those Lenni owners or owners with vertical wheels.

There is a new smaller, more affordable IQ system that was designed for the smaller machines, but will also work on the larger systems. You can get a panto only version for under $8000.00 and a full system for under $10,000.

I have posted info under the Computerized category.

Surprise Surprise... I kind of thought it would be too good to be true.... Lennis are always getting left out :mad:

I will look at your other post. Thanks.

Originally posted by Deb2bie

Janette, Lenni isn't getting completely left out, just the vertical wheeled ones. You could upgrade to a horizontal wheeled and to the computer system. I know that involves more money but it can be done.

The APQS computer is not available to any Lennis at the beginning, just Millies and Freedoms

Anyway my Lenni is only 2 years old with vertical wheels, in order to have the APQS computer system, I would have to spend $4000 plus shipping and import on a bliss table and another $10000 plus shipping and import for the computer system - I was kind of hoping that the computer system would work on the vertical wheel set up and bypass bliss as that is a considerable way towards any computer system - I kind of knew it wouldn't - we missed out on MM wheels without having to upgrade the whole bliss table, we could only get IQ if we bought the IQ carriage (which I have)

At least IQ can run on my current set up .. now to start saving hard ....:)

It is like computers - you buy one and it is obsolete a couple months later ....

It is like computers - you buy one and it is obsolete a couple months later ....

I feel the same way. There have been times that I haven't even gotten a new purchase used before "the next best thing" comes along. And when we start talking thousands of dollars it's SCARY!

I so much wanted to upgrade to the Bliss, but so far there isn't a way to do that and keep my SideSaddle computer system. The carriage system doesn't convert at that moment. So I upgraded to the M&M wheels. That helped a lot.

I love my Liberty, but it's almost like it doesn't exist anymore. Having said that...I must remember that I can still do a lot with it. Way more than I'm doing so I'm ok.

Archived