New APQS Computer System

Originally posted by oma

It is like computers - you buy one and it is obsolete a couple months later ....

I feel the same way. There have been times that I haven't even gotten a new purchase used before "the next best thing" comes along. And when we start talking thousands of dollars it's SCARY!

I so much wanted to upgrade to the Bliss, but so far there isn't a way to do that and keep my SideSaddle computer system. The carriage system doesn't convert at that moment. So I upgraded to the M&M wheels. That helped a lot.

I love my Liberty, but it's almost like it doesn't exist anymore. Having said that...I must remember that I can still do a lot with it. Way more than I'm doing so I'm ok.

Yes you are right Oma, I love my Lenni, and a couple of years ago I could only dream of owning a longarm quilting machine, and there are a million things I haven't tried yet, and now I have my replacement IQ carriage I am having a better time.

Originally posted by Katydids

It is like computers - you buy one and it is obsolete a couple months later ....

That doesn't happen with the IQ. It is constantly evolving, but all the software upgrades are free and the tablets just keep on ticking! :)

I was talking more about my Lenni table and the bliss upgrade, rather than the IQ, but good to know about the free upgrades, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by ffq-lar

MQXWest? pleasepleaseplease!

Linda,

If the APQS vendor at MQX West (not going to be the corporate guys this year) doesn't have it to demo, I'll bring it to the Moxie meeting in November - I should be well-versed by then!;)

Originally posted by aleksich

Barb, who do we talk to? We want it at MQX west!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you(person out there to be named) are the APQS vender at the show PLEASE bring a demo. Thanks

Call or email APQS - probably Tony O'Tool is the correct contact person - tony@apqs.com

I think it's an APQS Rep from northern CA that is traveling up to Portland for the show, but I don't know for sure. I sincerely hope that I will be demo-ing it that same weekend at the Spokane Quilt Show!

Guest Linda S

Well? Grand Rapids is underway. Will there be info about the new system on the webpage for those of us who can't go to see? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

• 2 weeks later...

hi Virginia,

We did debut the system in Grand Rapids and it received a very warm reception! We are working on the website update but I am not sure when the Quilt Path will debut on it. The system is $9500. If you have more questions, give us a call and ask for Bob. He has been directly involved with the system development and can best answer specific questions until we get the website updated. Have a great holiday!

Archived