NQR-Still no power!

Vicki

I will pray you get your power back on soon. Son and DIL traveled through Va/Wv yesterday from Ohio and almost ran out of gas trying to find a gas station with electricity, they got down to 20 miles til empty and finally found one, I was praying for power in VA yesterday for them to get gas for sure. Will be praying for all out of power, this weather is too extreme to have that. I feel for those in the cities especially, wow what a mess with transportation.

Vicki, so glad you finally got power back. I can't imagine not having electricity in this heat that so most of the country is experiencing. (I better start knocking on wood, because we don't see much relief through the next week, either.) Did you have storm damage at your home? Saw so many pictures of damage your way, scary! Take care of yourself and keep cool!

We did not have any damage but lots of trees down, siding off of houses, etc., the first morning after the storm, people were out with chainsaws cutting up the trees laying in the roads. No one expected such wind! The aftermath was like a hurricane had been through!

We lost power too but not as long. Ours went out Friday night and came back on Sunday morning at 7am. It was the craziest storm. The wind came out of nowhere and it blew one of the non load bearing giant columns off our house. We lost all our food. I took myself, my 2 year old and my refrigerated meds to my husbands dads house to stay and he stayed here with our dogs in the 100 degree weather and 88 degree house. I'm glad I had power before going to work today. Others were not so lucky. Needless to say there was no quilting done this weekend. I read a book for the first time in a very long time...the union quilters:)

Archived