my new quilt bags

i know there was talk about this a couple months ago, and i finally got around to ordering some (i had my MM wheels for a couple months before installing them too- heck i still have new leaders to install. they've been sitting here for way over a year :)

anyway- i bought the large biodegradable bags from Uline as seen HERE. they biodegrade after 9 months in the elements, plus they are recyclable.

i live in ATL and Uline has a warehouse here, so i order and it comes pretty much the next day.

i like them and i think my customers will ike them too. they are a good cost (500 for $100 including shipping) it took me a little over three years to go through my last order of 250, so if you wanted to go in with another person...

i got the 'clear' ones, still a bit opaque, but better than white. So no chances of husband accidentally throwing a quilt out with the trash.

i'm not affiliated with Ulline, just a happy customer sharing my POV.

here's a picture with two queen sized batting packages:

post--13461908806117_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Melanie Rouse

When I read biodegradable, I thought they would just vanish in 9 months. LOL. Must be a silly day.

I'm laughing too! It will take me years to use 500 bags and I envisioned opening the box in a year or two and finding it empty! They just fade away!

I'm ordering some of these, thanks to Dood's recommendation. She did the "crinkle test" and they aren't noisy and really hold a lot. I like that they are semi-opaque so the customer can see all the trimmings and their batting instructions as well as the quilt.

Shannon, I'm very interested in those bags. They look to be a good size, would they hold a king size quilt? I've been making that same style of bag with fabric I wouldn't dream of using in a quilt and quite frankly, these bags would be a much better (aka less work) idea.

Originally posted by Antoinette

Shannon, I'm very interested in those bags. They look to be a good size, would they hold a king size quilt? I've been making that same style of bag with fabric I wouldn't dream of using in a quilt and quite frankly, these bags would be a much better (aka less work) idea.

if you folded them right, you could probably get TWO king sized quilts in those bags- the bags measure (opened up) 10" deep, 18" across, and not including the handles 22" tall.

i looked them up on Uline after ordering 4.5 yards of 120"wide batting and they folded it up and it was in one of those bags with the handles tied. i thought "well, heck, if it'll hold that much batting, i'll never find a quilt that won't fit" :)

in the picture i have put two warm and natural queen sized batts in there.

jen- when i first got bags, i just printed my info on shipping labels from Avery (purchased at the local office supply store) and stuck them to the bags....i don't do it anymore because of the costs and honestly, it didn't matter if my name was on the bag- my name's in the quilting :)

Archived