Sign in to follow this  
Oma

My granddaughter's quilt

My 15 year old granddaughter has been visiting for the past week and a half and wanted to make a quilt. I thought of a few fairly simple patterns we could do and get done quickly. She had different ideas. She told me she had it in "her head". So I had her draw me a picture of what she wanted and we translated it to fabric. She did all the sewing. I did the applique. She did the the quilting using the CL Square Dance board. I did the binding for her.

She is a BIG fan of the band One Direction. The boys are from England and Ireland so that's why she wanted those two flags. The appliqued panels each have some importance related to the band and has meaning to her.

It's been a great time for us both.

post--13461908807562_thumb.jpg

D92090BC49E8C634FED9A5815EF5ABB3.png

Serendipity: The discovery of something wonderful quite by accident while looking for something quite different.

I really like that quilt. She (and you!) did a terrific job. It doesn't look like it is a made up pattern at all, and the lines are so straight. Pretty colors, too.

GREAT JOB Both of you!!! That square dance design really sets well on the quilt..

My granddaughter would go CRAZY for this quilt! That is her favorite group also! She lives in Iowa and spent this week with us. We made sock monkeys! You both did a great job on this quilt!!! :)

D8EB2B9B3B9A3A561A477FF7A7196611.png

What a great quilt and so many memories!!!! Your granddaughter will love this quilt forever!!!!! Because it is so special!!!

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

The design of the quilt is terrific!!! Very pleasing layout! And what a great activity for Grandma and Granddaughter!!! Life is all about building memories and you just built a big one!

Very cool. :)

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter