MOXIES AT THE BEACH!!!

Well we survived Granddaughter's wedding and the Family 4th so now on to MOXIES.

We are all set for Saturday, July 14th. I am soooo looking forward to seeing everyone.

We'll commence at about 10:00AM and be done whenever. But feel free to come early and stay late!

Our best, Linda Rech, is bringing a friend with an exciting demo of a new product. Can't wait to see that.

Please don't feel pressure to bring fancy food. We keep it pretty casual. I'm not sure what the main dish will be. We may just go with hamburgers and hot dogs again. There is always plenty though. I'll have sodas and lemonade and of course H2O but if you have some exotic beverage fetish, feel free to bring your own.

Those needing directions please U2U and I will be glad to provide.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME AND BRING FRIENDS!!

Of course do not forget MY favorite part, SHOW & TELL. I always come away so inspired after seeing everyone's beauties.

Please RSVP so I can get a rough count of those attending.

Hope to see you all on the 14th.

Yay!! Moxies at Seaside!

I'm bringing Sharon who will, as mentioned above, be demo-ing Ron's new camera system and the Moxies get first crack at it! He came and measured my Milli for the perfect easy-off-easy-on bracket for the monitor.

Cindy McW is on my passenger list as well as Cindy T. I'll have a car full of fun! It's amazing how fast the drive goes with such good company!

Hoping to see old friends and make some new ones!

Moxies are an Oregon-based group of longarmers that meets as often as we can manage. Members come from Oregon, Washington, Idaho, BC and parts beyond. It's a meeting that's without strict rules, involves food, laughter, shared ideas and projects--and it always gives people a needed boost of confidence, a problem solved, and new friends met.

All are welcome, with or without a machine.

Jim Hogan, our resident "King for Life" gave us the name. And made us hats!!!

Originally posted by SheriB

Linda R....so Ron & Sharon have developed the Quilt Cam to fit the millie as well as the HQ they have on their site, is that correct??

I dont see anything that indicates it is also available for APQS machine(s), only the HQ.

Sheri,

Ron and Sharon are here at our Longarm Retreat to demonstrate the Quilt Cam on our APQS machines, so I can guarantee that it works on 'em!! Hope to have photos and testimonials after tonight....

Now back to class - "Feathers" this time.....

Hawaii Barb---I had to laugh at someone from "paradise" being jealous of the gals in the Pacific NW!!! It goes to show, we quilters want to be where the action is no matter what!!!

I think maybe we need to have branches of the Moxies all over the US, and other countries if you want!!! How 'bout it Moxies? Can we borrow that name and be Hawaii Moxies, Michigan Moxies etc? I sure like the sound of Michigan Moxies!!!

Absolutely!! Michigan Moxies has a nice ring to it!

I need to say that this forum really set the tone for the group. Beth Durand started the group by inviting anyone with an interest to get together at her favorite quilt shop in Portland. From that first meeting (and meeting of the minds) we decided to host at our homes--shooting for 4 times a year but realistically only managing 3 times or so.

You can be a Moxie just by wishing to be one. But if you can get two or more together, you are MOXIES!!!

Rules? None

Dues? No

Necessities? Lots of food, show and tell, participants willing to demo their fave technique or tool. Sometimes we have a make-and-take. Once we dyed fabric at my house! Or a quilty game. Whatever you want--it's your meeting.

Obligations? Schedule the next meeting and post pictures here of the fun.

Thanks for the encouragement Linda!!! I may put this on my agenda for later this year!!! I love your "rules" & necessities!!!

I know there are a couple other groups that meet in Michigan but the timing isn't great for me.

OK michigan gals & guys, if you're interested in abranch of the Moxies, let me know. We'll shoot for a get together after Labor Day, when school is back in session.

OK Louisiana gals and guys - do we have a group that could get together and and be a brancg of the Moxies? If you let me know, I will keep a list and let you know what kind of response or interest there is. CiCi - Slidell, LA

Anyone in the Alabama area? I'd love a group here!

also, there will be a Sewing and Quilt expo in Birmingham for the first time ever this fall. If anyone is in the area and needs something to do. Of course that's football time in Alabama! That probably doesn't mean anything to anyone but they are crazy here for football. I moved to Alabama from North Carolina and was amazed. you have to declare your team right away LOL!

Archived