Teasing over--full photos of the Baltimore Album

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my gosh!!!!! I don't know which is the very most beautiful!!! The applique or the quilting.!!!! Linda, it is awesome!!!! I can't imagine the hours you two have in this quilt!!!! I might just sit here and look at this for hours!!!!!

This one is stuffed. Each berry, most flowers, and other motifs were partially appliqued and then stuffed will filler and finished. It was an adventure to quilt up next to all the puffiness.

Wool batting added to the drama.

Here is a side-view of a block--it's even more puffy than this shows.

Twelve pre-wound BL bobbins used and So Fine on top.

Thanks for looking!

:)

post--13461908815838_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by srichardson

Spectacular job the two of you. I hope that it will be entered in some shows. Is this the same fabulous lady from Iowa that we have been wowed by before?

:D;):D Joyce (who commented up above)-- sent me a Little Brown Bird top last year. This one belongs to a friend of Joyce. (Thanks, my friend!)

I'm in awe of her skills!

Beautiful, beautiful!!!! Some of you quilters are making me green with envy! I keep seeing gorgeous stitching work and I am just in awe.

You'll keep me wondering if I'll ever stitch with beautiful skill!

I'm just going to keep stitching and tell myself, "You did good."

CiCi

Originally posted by CiCi Some of you quilters are making me green with envy! I keep seeing gorgeous stitching work and I am just in awe.

You'll keep me wondering if I'll ever stitch with beautiful skill!

I'm just going to keep stitching and tell myself, "You did good."

CiCi

Never fear, CiCi! You will get better and better and better! Every quilt you work on is a lesson learned. Those experiences add up and with practice to control the machine and make it do what you see in your head--it's a joyful thing!

As I started years ago, perhaps my third customer quilt turned out really OK. I hung it for presentation and cried--because I realized I could do this!

Archived