? about display board/wall

Hi, Carlotta. I have heard that you can do something as simple as tacking up a large piece of flannel, fleece or felt. You can also tack up a large plastic table cloth (the fuzzy back side toward you). If you want something more permanent and less flimsy where you can stick pins into it, you could take poster board and cover it with something fuzzy like flannel, fleece or felt and then hang the poster board up on the wall.

Shana

Thanks gals - I had used the "felt" system in my previous room. It left something to be desired. Sparkle I think I saw the item you mentioned at Sew Expo two years ago - but this year I didn't see it there. I think I will investigate that and look at cheryls suggestion for the Celotex insulation board. I want the design wall to look nice and like it belongs there and was not an after thought. Thanks for the suggestions, if you have other's I'll gladly research them. cj

What ever you end up using, you might want to put them up with Command Strips (3M product DH works for them). Items can be stuck to the wall securely and later removed with out a mark to wall or paint. I use them all over. With clips to make a quilt photo hanger, alone to hang wall hangings on my wall, pincushion stuck to top of machine, hanging decorating shelves and signs around house, put up lights outside. I am a walking commercial for them. Three years ago I put three faux architechtural stars on a fence outside and they are still there! And that was before they came out with the outdoor strength kind.

Sue ( my life is held together with Command Strips)

I bought mine at my local quilt shop In Between Stitcheswww.inbetweenstitches.com here in Livermore, Ca. They probably have it at other shops too. I know Checkers sells it by the bolt if you have a wholesale account. It takes quite a lot of yardage and would be worth buying a whole bolt and share with a freind. If I get a minute I'll figure out the manufacturer.

Archived