Please send up some quiet prayers. Last update!

We came to the ER yesterday afternoon at 5:20 with my DH, Mike, in great pain with gallbladder problems. It is his first time with this. We waited over 3 hours as he withered in pain to actually see the Dr. We got in a room at 12:20. Luckily they were able to keep his pain under control. They will do a GI to make sure his ducts are open from the sludge and then remove the gallbladder today at some point. Add to this that my son, Ty. called while we were waiting in ER to say his rescue Papillon of 9 years, Thrasher, did not recover from his surgery yesterday. After crying myself out I then could concentrate again on Mike. He is a sick boy and we need for a few prayers to go up for him if you please. Thanks my family.

Update 1: The GI Doc could not clear the ducts due to some kink in the end of the duct. The gen surgeon will go in tomorrow at 1 and take out the bladder and try to flush the duct. If he can not, they will open him up from front to back to clear the duct. We are praying they don't have to do that! Thanks for all the prayers!

Update 2: He is now out of surgery and they did not have to do the major cut front to back. (Your prayers and mine answered). He is resting well with the pain meds and back in the room. I am hoping we go home late tomorrow after he can eat and walk. Ty and Andrea came over last night and they could talk about Thrasher without too many tears so they are starting to adjust their emotions - me too. Thanks you all for all your thoughts and prayers!

Last update: We are home! He did so well after surgery until the Dr. released us after lab work today. His infection went with the sick gallbladder! Once again, thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. He was so pleased to learn where all the prayers were coming from! You guys are the best.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sylvia - I,ll send up prayers today for you and your family. Don;t hesitate to call me if you need anything. I'm just a few miles away. Give Mike my love and share my concerns for him and all of the family. Take care of yourself! I need you to be healthy so that I can learn all of your quilting secrets.

Ha, Ha! Love ya Girl Friend! CiCi

So sorry to hear this Sylvia! I will keep your family in my thoughts for sure, stressful times are a little easier to cope with when you have support. I don't usually share my personal life, but have had my share of cancer & death in my family recently, it is SOooo stressful, what I have learned is to take good care of your self with rest, plenty of water & remember to eat,, *and* breathe. :)

I feel for you..........my DH went through the Gallbladder thing a few years ago. After 3 trips to the ER with the pain, they finally diagnosed a Hot Gallbladder and removed it. He said he felt better than he had in years after he was recovered for the whole thing.

Hang in there !

Guest Linda S

Aw Sylvia. Prayers are on the way. The pain of losing a beloved pet is horrible, and I've heard that gallbladder pain is similar to kidney stones, which I have had before. Yeowch. Awful, awful pain. Sitting (or trying to) in the waiting room till they can take you back into the ER is terrible. I hope Mike feels much better soon. Give Ty a hug for me when you see him.

Archived