Stitch Regulator

I've had problems off and on with my stitch regulator and I'm having problems again. I believe I've done everything I know of to trouble shoot and have had no success in solving my problem. The weird thing is that I can stitch the first row of a panto fine and when I do the second row, closest to the front of my machine, the regulator starts cutting out and I get sporadic long stitches. I'm frustrated beyond belief. I already have grey hair so I guess the next step is to start pulling it out! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bobbie, have you done a "Search" on Stitch Regulator in this forum? I was having problems with mine hesitating; which made big long stitches too. I found on older threads many things to try; mine was that the encoder wheels needed to be pulled in a bit for better contact. There is a wealth of information already posted to check out. Good Luck.

I had a problem with my stitch regulator speeding up as if I had turned it off. I had taken the power cord and using a bread tie I hooked it up with the stitch regulator cord to keep the power cord between the two "arms" of the carriage because I would get the cord stuck on the outside of the carriage and it would stop the machine from moving. I think having the power cord that close affected the stitch regulator and maybe even the small piece of metal in the bread tie. When I used a plastic zip tie and moved it way down the cord and didn't connect the two wires really tight it stopped doing it. I don't know if that will help you but I haven't had the problem since April and boy does it make using my machine a whole lot more enjoyable.

Bobbie thanks for posting this question! I had a similar problem. I realized the encoder wheels didn't have enough "weight" when I would use a template and the pressure of holding the template in place would slightly lift the encoder end of the machine. Upward pressure on the front of the machine would fix the problem. I printed out the adjustment instructions and will be having a talk with my machine later.

Bobbie, it sounds like it may be a problem with the cable at the back of the machine. Pay really close attention to the direction that you are stitching when it cuts out. I had a problem with the wire that comes off of the rear encoder for the side to side movement. It would only happen when I was near the front rollers. When the machine was forward, it put some stress on a bad spot in the cable and it would cut out.

Isolate the direction of the problem and that will tell which regulator or wires to look at.

HTH

I spoke to Amy earlier today and I think I'm close to resolving my problem. The left front wheel was able to spin on my rail unless I tightened the cam all the way to the 12 o'clock position. When I did that my machine was hard to move. Amy had me loosen the bolts on the aluminum trusses under the carriage and move my machine around. It seems I had them to tight and it tweaked my machine so the left front wheel wasn't seeded on the rail. By doing that, the wheel is now how it should be, but my table isn't quite level so I'm going to have my husband help me with that tonight. I think I'm back in business thanks to the wonderful support of Amy. I would have never thought of doing what she had me do on my own. Thank you so much Amy!!!

P.S. I quilted a complete quilt after doing the adjustment and I only had the problem once and I think that's because of the table not being quite level now. ;)

Archived