A little Hanky memory quilt finished

This is a hanky quilt made for a friend. These were her mom's hankys and she passed away 3 yrs ago and I finally got it put together at Barb Mayfield's LA retreat and just finished quilting it tonight....The lighting isn't very good, but here are a few pics

anyway.

2928069470094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2295218560094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

2920787550094956607S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. This was a joy to work on. Even after 3 years, I could still smell Eunice's cologne on them. She was a wonderful lady who loved everyone she came into contact with. And I know that I'll see her again when the Lord calls me home.

Carol, I used spray baste (cause you can reposition a bit) and then layed them onto a piece of muslin to stabilize. After all were in the right place, I stitched with my DM around each part of a hanky then added the borders, then quilted. Very easy. I saw this on "Simply Quilts" a number of years ago, and thought of that show when my friend had all her mom's hankies after she passed. I'm working on the binding over this next weekend and my friend will get it next week. I'm excited to see if she likes it or not.

Archived