L-Shaped guide falling out...

Guest tiffanikathryn

Guest tiffanikathryn

Help!! My L-shaped guide (which is that bigger hook between the tension wheel and the take up arm) keeps falling out. Anybody have any ideas on how to make it stay.

Guest tiffanikathryn

Wow that fix was so easy I feel kinda silly. THANK YOU sooo much. It was kind of like a comedy routine I'd quilt 6 inches and it would fall out I'd put it back in go a few more inches, you get the picture. Again Thanks!

Tiff

TiffanisStitches@msn.com

website in progress www.tiffanisStitches.com:D:D

Hey Tiff - you could SHARE a picture with us - we all need a laugh now and

then.:D And really - it's not as if we don't do things like that too !!:P I am

glad it was an easy fix - that "helps the hurt" doesn't it?!

That John is just so handy - and knows so much - he is great!

Tiff:

Funny story (now) that I have a need to share.

Had a friend that wanted to quilt a "small" (queen) quilt -- really quick job (8 hours +) on my machine. Only had my machine about two months and figured -- what the heck, what could she hurt? hahahahaha.....

I walked out of the room for about 2 - 3 minutes (tops) to use the rest room and came back thinking --- huh, she's doing okay. I guess I can rest for a little while. However, we advanced the quilt and the back looked like a bunch of railroad tracks crisscrossing -- one whole bobbin's worth of loops on the back.

Came to find out when I walked out of the room, she ran out of bobbin thread, dropped the bobbin in her haste to change it. The black tension disk in the bobbin case flew across the room and she didn't even realize it wasn't in the bobbin case when she put in the new bobbin. hmmmm......

Rippin' and muttering......

Took me a while to figure this one out. It takes going back to the basics to find these things. I ended up logging on and checking this website to find troubleshooting information -- a couple emails to Connie and Mike before it was resolved.

Now, I'm very possessive of my "Big Girl" machine and no one uses it but me these days. I trade machine quilting for piecing or cutting with some friends and that seems to work out just fine. Saves my hands and wrists AND saves my Big Girl.

I think we all have a story to tell. No harm in asking questions as many of the ladies in this forum are very, very knowledgeable and there's a ton of talent.;)

We had a really pleasant experience yesterday - well if you can call Milly dying a pleasant experience. Started the day - sewed literally 2" and there was a funny noise. Everything stopped. Did what we knew to do to try to fix it but to no avail. Called APQS. Amy answered the phone, walked us through ripping apart the front of the machine, ripping off the back cover to expose the motor, taking out the brushes from the motor, measuring them, loosening a gear on the front of the motor, etc. etc. etc. Amy is unbelievably good at describing where to look, what to do, how to do it - anyway our motor died and Amy is shipping us a new one - I told her to mention to "someone" the powers that be or whoever that we said how wonderfully good she was at her job - don't know if she did that or not but it was worth a mention - so to whoever is reading this that needs to know - "Amy, is doing an INCREDIBLE job" Thanks a ton.

Angie,

Wow, good job!

How kind of you to write your experience regarding Amy, she is terrific! As well as Amber & Mark, our service dept. rocks, and further more they CARE! ;)

You can be sure that our "guys" at APQS appreciate you writing! :D

Someone else who is great is John Mitchell. I have had several problems (with my machine) and he returns calls after hours and has even returned them when he is on vacation or in the car while on the way to shows, etc. He is really good that way, and also on the list of wonderful are Janet Mitchell & Mary Hibbs. Countrylane has always been helpful in every way!!

Archived