wedding blocks sewn!!

i got the 9inch wedding blocks sewn together today...now it just needs a border. suggestions? i was thinking a dark skinny inner border and a 4inch finished outer border, but what color???

i'm wanting to get it done before our *first* anniversary next month....i think i'll be able to handle that :)

thank you to all that made blocks!!!

post--13461908918003_thumb.jpg

Its hard to tell from the picture..black inner border, maybe navy or burgundy. Yellow would work, or dark green. It depends on what some of the dark colors in the outside row of blocks are. If you used a yellow inner border, a navy outer border would be good. If you use a dark inner border, a yellow outer border would work. Personally, I like a dark outer border to "control and contain" all those colors, so I'd choose a navy or black (ish) outer border and a medium yellow or green inner border.

I think I would take the quilt top down to the shop and test out some fabrics. Something will catch your eye and you will know it is the right piece or pieces. It may not need an inner border just a larger outer border. But trying out fabrics at the shop will help you decide what to do and with what fabric.

Archived