Martelli Kwik Bind

Do any of you have this? What are your feelings? I bought it at the Dallas Quilt show two years ago. I have tried to use it three different times to no avail. I really like Martelli products but this contraption continues to get the better of me. I feel like sending it back to them telling them I am sorry but I am too stupid for this tool. Think they would swap me something else??:P

I bought one at a quilt show several years ago. Watching the demo it looked simple. Got it home and could not for the life of me use it. Even with the instructions open in front of me. Finally sold some vintage sewing stuff on ebay and threw it in as well. I was glad to see it go!

I got sucked into the handsome salesmen and bought one too at the MN Quilt Show. Seemed to be a really slick idea. Thought it might be good for donation quilts. However, was not able to figure it out from the video so it sat in a drawer. Finally gave it to a friend's engineer husband to figure out. He managed figure it out. However, the samples were not great so in the end, put it on Ebay and got rid of it. :D

Yeppers!!

Another great product from Martelli. Good luck with their customer services. It took a rant on this forum to get their attention and get my rotary cutters made right and then the replacements fell apart also. I jerry rigged them together just long enough to use the blades that won't fit on any other cutter. Then I tossed them. Good riddance. I now run not walk past their booths when I see them. (Fool me once, your bad, fool me twice, my bad!!)

I went back to my good old Olfa's that I have used for 20 years or more.

I have one of their cutting tables and love it. The rotary cutter is just as a backup as it is rigged together. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another cutting table but not anything else. I watched the demo but thought about it and decided not to get it.

Shirley

• 1 month later...

I have this gadget and love it. I have always been able to do binding pretty quick and they look nice so my friend thought I was crazy when I purchased this at a quilt shop having a demo on it. My bindings look so nice with this and it is actually very easy once you learn how to use it. Play with it a little and I am sure you will agree.

I have the binding tool, the corner tools, two clip tools and we have two cutters, one for me, and one for the guy who uses his other hand, the left one. :D:o:o

It took me quite a while of fiddling and the video, and paper instructions.. Then P fell into place and I love it and use it and the corner tools for all the public service quilts, and QoV quilts I make..

Love, Love, Love the Martelli products.. some do take time to learn how they work. I can set it aside for months and still remember how to use it. (and my medical incuded short term memory is like a zit, irritating, and frustrating.) It was the tool to use to fasten the binding down on both sides, and it looks so wonderful. Gals at the guild love theirs too. Two of them bought all but the table.

Sorry to hear you gals spent that much money and were so unhappy with their tools.

:o

Rita -Martelli came to your guild, too? I couldn't believe how much they sold at our guild...and how many freaking tables! Look great, but seriously, if I spent that much on a table, I'd be tempted to play doctor and spin people around, upside down, etc...my rotary cutter is still in pieces...their customer service stinks...they're supposed to vend at our next quilt show in 2013...I'm taking it back in pieces...the Good Rita...

• 5 years later...

Archived