On being really stupid!

Ugh, I loaded the quilt back the wrong way! So now I have spent the afternoon ripping out lovely quilting! At least I got that sinking feeling about halfway! And not when I got to the end and realize the backing would be short by a stinking INCH, really really stupid!

Guest Linda S

Aw, I feel your pain! I'd love to say I've learned my lesson and that I'll never do this again, but I can only say I pray I'll never do it again! It's so depressing.

When I first got my old machine, the Ultimate XX, I quilted the whole quilt with the backing upside down. The seam was down, so it had to be taken out and reseamed around the quilting then requilted. It was a mission quilt. I didn't even know that the seam was exposed until I turned it in. I was in such a hurry to finish. That is normally how I learn a lesson, I mess up then have to fix it. It is always a bummer.

Thanks for the reminder I have taking a couple of years off , Now back at it ! First My kids moved my machine to my new house I brought , First have to adjust everything. I took off the leaders now going to reinstall them and put zippers back on. The first backing I install sagged 8 inches on both sides. Wow Hoping to get this all back working right. Getting excited to start quilting again. Edie

• 10 months later...

I just did this.   :(   And I was so careful to make sure everything was centered. I was so pleased withmyself at the direction of things matching, the center seam rolling up just perfect.  

3/4 way through...yeah..  why is the bump of my leadergrip already showing???????  

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :o  :ph34r:  :ph34r: 

Is this some kind of rite of passage????

Archived