Repro tiny baskets-tutorial added

Thanks for your nice comments--my customer liked it a lot and called to tell me her prairie points worked well on the edge.

I had several emails about how to stitch the feathers. This is my go-to method for narrower spaces and straight feathers. Mark the center spine and the boundaries (unless you are filling a space--then only the center). Stitch alternate feathers just as you would do a bamboo braid--one side and then the other. Fast, easy, and rhythmic. It's very easy to keep the feathers the same size.

post--13461908966013_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by RitaR

Linda, its soooo cute. May I ask, roughly how big were the baskets, and about how wide is the white borderr. Math has escaped from me again, so I can't figure it out. I love that.

Hi Rita! The basket blocks were 4" square and I think the border was 3". It was a tiny sweet thing!

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your nice comments--my customer liked it a lot and called to tell me her prairie points worked well on the edge. I had several emails about how to stitch the feathers. This is my go-to method for narrower spaces and straight feathers. Mark the center spine and the boundaries (unless you are filling a space--then only the center). Stitch alternate feathers just as you would do a bamboo braid--one side and then the other. Fast, easy, and rhythmic. It's very easy to keep the feathers the same size.

Hope this works ,heres one tutioral I found

Archived