Another oops!

I made a Christmas quilt last fall and proudly displayed it over the holidays. I hurried when I did it because during this time I was making two grandson's quilts, Aunt Betty's quilt, and a friend's baby quilt. And we were traveling a lot. Just saying I was really busy.

A couple of days ago I decided to wash the Christmas quilt and place it on the stack of quilts I had finished. When I took it out of the washer I noticed the binding wasn't attached on the back side. Strange to say the least.

Evidently I sewed one side on with my LA machine as usual and had used Roxanne's Baste It glue to tack it down the other side and never got around to hand sewing it down. So, of course, when I washed it the glue washed out. Talk about surprised. I have never done that before. Thank goodness it wasn't a gift for someone. I guess that's what happens when you get too busy.

So funny. It sounds like something I would do. I too am glad for you that it wasn't a gift quilt.

I finished quilting a quilt for my grandaughter. A few days after I gave it to her, my daughter called and said the quilt was falling apart. I was horrified! I could not imagine what happened. She brought it back, I took a look at it. I was in a hurry to get another quilt on the frame and forgot to trim all the threads on the back side of the quilt. I was relieved, I had nightmares about that quilt falling apart. It is funny now and we got a good laugh out of it.

Now I trim as soon as a quilt comes off the frame.

Archived