I think these studies must be true...

A recent study indicated that fabric gives off certain Pheromones that actually hypnotize women and cause them to purchase unreasonable amounts. When stored in large quantities in enclosed spaces, the Pheromones (in the fabric) cases memory loss and induces the nesting syndrome (similar to the one squirrels have before the onset of winter i.e. storing food). Therefore perpetuating their species and not having a population loss due to their kind being cut into pieces and mixed with others.

Sound tests have also reveled that these fabrics emit a very high pitched sound, heard only by a select few, a breed of women known as "quilters." When played backwards on an LP, the sounds are heard as chants, "buy me, cut me and sew me."

In order to overcome the so called "feeding frenzy effect" that these fabrics cause, one must wear a face mask when entering a storage facility and use ear plugs to avoid being pulled into their grip. One must laugh, however, at the sight of customers in a quilt fabric store, with WWII army gas masks and headphones!

Studies have also indicated that aliens have inhabited the earth, helping to spread the effects that these fabrics have on the human population. They are called Quilt Fabric Store Clerks.

It's also been experienced that these same Pheromones cause a pathological need to hide these fabric purchases when taken home (or at least blend them into the existing stash), and when asked by significant other if the fabric is new, the reply is "I've had it for awhile."

I have spent the last 8 days cleaning out "my stash" and I'm so tired! I have a ton to give away and have already given two boxes and two bags away. My daughter is coming tomorrow to shop free. I wish I could send out though the forum!

I can attest to Bobbi's study!!! It is very true!!!

When I finish putting the stash all in the NEW ADDITION to my studio I'll post pictures!!!

BYW I haven't even started good on what we call the scary room!!!! Yikes!!!!!:D:D:D:D

It is a feeling that is hard to translate to those who are not affected by the Pheromone excretion. They stand dumb faced as I try and explain the overwhelming feelings I have when I can not put down a bolt of fabric as I am afraid others will buy it before I get my special cut! I also like to pet the fabric from time to time or wrap myself in it for just a moment. There is a certain high than comes from the sound of the scissors clipping their way through the special piece. I think all people should understand but, poor things, they just don't get it!!!!

" Stash, what stash? Oh no, it is fabric that I have had a long time and most of it came from my mother or my sister. They had way too much. See, I'm not like that! "

If I practice, I can say all of this and not even get a smile on my face. DH doesn't even think that I bring fabric into the house. For all he knows, it just appears! CiCi

Well that must be what happened to me last night. Thread emergency, I was out of King Tut to finish the current wedding quilt. Made it through fabric depot only purchasing that one small spool of thread. (At retail! My order from Superior arrives today!) Granted, I was on my bike, so hard to buy lots of fabric.

Later in the day, I had to go to the quilt shop/sewing machine repair store. Must be to assuage my disappointment that my machine is in the shop for a tune up, because I needed 7/8 yard of fabric for binding for the scrappy log cabin. Nest thing I know, I've got 1 5/8 yards. It was the end of the bolt after all, and I didn't want the leftovers to be sad at being left behind. Besides, after making that scrappy log cabin all from my stash, I needed to do something to replenish supplies. I'm also working on a charity quilt of "strings" Those strips of fabric that are 1"-3" wide and too big to throw away, but too small to go into the stash. I've bot a huge bin of them, about 2/3 done with the quilt top, and not even a dent in the bin. This is where the majority of the log cabin quilt came from too!

Archived