singer featherweight

Did you get a featherweight? As I mentioned before I have 8 and I love everyone of them. My husband decided I was collectiong them and they arrive for birthdays, anniversaries..... I have the standard blacks, biege - cream, mint-white. Still holding out for the elusive crinkle.

Kathalynn

ok, you guys got me started!! I thought I'd check out this featherweight business on Ebay to see what all the excitement was about. Well.........I fell in love. It arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier. She's the cutest little thing and I love the sound she makes when she's stitching along! It's a little 221 and in great shape for being 54 years old. Here I've been trying to downsize!

I did get an on the one i was selling for my friend. They are wonderful I rescued 2 and had one pained hot pink and the other cherry red. very rewarding to see a machine run like a charm at 75 years old not many products you can say that about!

heres the cherry red one

post--13461909033369_thumb.jpg

Jim Sorrell in Seminole, Ok also sells them. I purchased 2 from him and he also came and held a featherweight clinic at our local quilt shop and his wife also came and helped. There were 20 ladies and men who brought their featherweights and he showed us how to lube the gears and oil the other parts as well. They were all purring when we finished. We learned a lot. He is a retired Singer repairman. His address is www sew-rite.com.

Susan the red one is beautiful.

I was lucky and bought 2 from e-Bay. One was clean, well packed and at a good price. The second one, white, was not clean and polished when it arrived, well packed and sews just fine. I do all of my piece work on the little black one and love, love, love it. But, if you have one you know what it means to love your Featherweight. It has lots of travel miles and hotel stays since coming to me. David McCallum has written a textbook on the Featherweight. This text has wonderful diagrams and instructions on how to do anything and everything regarding to Featherweight machines. He believes that anyone who owns a 221 should know how to clean, maintain and repair your little baby. I have used my copy since 2009. He also sells a 2-disc DVD set titled "Those Fantastic Featherweights" ($49.95) Mr. McCallum travels the US and teaches classes about the total care of Featherweights.

I love my book! David and his wife are both quilters. Easily found at "Featherweight RX" if you missed it when JoAnn shared the name.

CiCi

Archived