Just off the frame..cute story

There is a very cute story that goes with this quilt. And the reason the first in a series of 4 quilts for my grandchildren, is for Logan.

He is 7yrs. old. When he was born, I made him a quilt and hand quilted it. It has been his "blanky" since birth. (The only quilt I have ever hand quilted and the last). Then a few years later, when I got my Gammill, I made each of my 5 GC a quilt for Christmas one year. So fast forward to this year. One night, a couple of months ago, my son is putting Logan to bed. And this precious child looks up at James and asks, "Daddy, did I ever thank Grandma for my grandma hugs (that's what the kids call those quilts) when she gave them to me?" My son told him no, he didn't think so, because Logan sas an infant when he got the first one and only 2 when he got the second one. At that point little Logan told his daddy, "Well, I need to call my Grandma and thank her for my Grandma hugs, I love them so!"

So the next evening I get a call from James, "Hi, I have a couple of little boys here that want to talk to you". Then Logan get's on the phone and says, "Grandma, I wants to thank you for mys grandma hugs. Buts I need some new ones, theys getting old, like me!" Then the next older child, Luke, get's on the phone and says, "Grandma, thank you for my grandma hug too, but I want a new one too, can you put sharks on it?"

Love those little guy, who could resist!

And that's how those little darlings get us to stop everything we're doing just so we can make something special for them. Gets me every time. There is nothing we do more important than making something personal for them. They don't forget and they appreciate it so much. Great story.

Archived