Where do I start???

barbm

Originally posted by rineps

Where can we obtain information on the new APQS Computerized system? I didn't see anything on the site?

It's coming! It's coming! The APQS team is fine-tuning the system that debuted in Michigan last month - I'm sure there will be more info available very soon!

They said that two months ago. My biggest frustration with APQS -- they shouldn't breathe a word until they are ready. Some of us are too darned impatient to keep waiting!

I know for myself, I was on the IQ Yahoo group for 2 years before I purchased, and read lots. The upgrades they've done in that time are amazing.

I took classes last year at MQW and then my husband and I installed our IQ. WOW learning curve, remember the scared feeling when you first got a long arm. now I'm still learning every chance I get to be on the machine, The classes I took before I had the IQ in hand, were a little over the top, but I got to see what I should be doing, and in what sequence, and now it all just makes sense.

I've done pantos, super huge customs etc. and with each one you keep on learning.

I agree with who ever said, the ease of switching from computer to freehand, is a must. You will still be doing some things freehand, and some things you might even find faster, (until you learn to do it without looking up the directions) LOL

You need to learn to evaluate the patterns differently as well. When we did paper "panto" patterns we could choose where we stopped and started and sometimes, until you are familiar with a digital pattern, they don't start or stop where I think they should, but damn can they trace over themselves perfectly every time.

Good luck in your search. I don't believe you'll regret your switch to computer, no matter what system you choose. For myself, I can't say enough good about Zoltan, and the team at IQ. Everyone is so helpful.

Marion in BC

Archived