List of LA items to store

LadyLake

Well, it is my turn to get a storage setup in my long arm room! We've been doing a kitchen remodel and I corralled one of the guys to make me a batting holder, plus filling out the rest of the wall with drawers and shelving for all my LA stuff. The wall is 150" long.

I've been going thru old posts looking for ideas. Does anyone happen to have a master list of everything a long armer would need to store??? Just checking.

The reason I finally broke down and am getting a batting holder made is because one of my foster dogs decided a roll of batting standing on end, looked a lot like a tree to pee on . . .;)

That's a lot of storage space to fill! How about storage for patterns, boards, stencils, odd sizes of batting for those smaller projects, quilting magazines and books, and a drawer or shelf for storing projects in progress. I've been wanting to do some wool felt appliqué so I've started a drawer that holds my felt and embroidery floss. Also a space for fabric paint, colored pencils and brushes...that's all I can think of besides the usual thread, fabric and rulers. You must be excited to have your new storage space finished! Please post pictures...would love to see your new space. Lucky girl!

Here is my list it is not all longarm related, but her it is.

Pantographs; stencils; marking tools; rulers; thread; quiltazoid or other tool; bolts of backing; cut backing; bolts of fabric; fat quarters; kits; cutting tools and mats; bobbin winder; spare bobbins and cases; spare parts for long arm; prewound bobbins; thread cards; books; interfacings; quilters plastic; beads; paints; crystals; steamer; iron; go cutter and templates; batting; magazines; DSM; Patterns, Videos and CD's; TV; VCR/DVD Player.

That is what is in my room, but I sew and longarm in one room (was supposed to be family room). Can I say not big enough. Our son moved out and my husband hasn't realized I have taken it over also. I'm not going to tell.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived