What are you doing today? 8-9-12 First of "Show Off Thursday" posts

It's Friday morning...so late to the party. Yesterday I exercised, quilted, went to a meeting, finished a quilt (one of 9 for a church project...when completed I will show the line-up), went to a pork bbq dinner at an area church with my husband and my folks, and then went to our quilt guild meeting. I will post a pix next Thursday for sure...sounds fun!

Patty Jo, Gorgeous feathers! I can't wait to see the finished quilt. You are doing such a beautiful job.

Oma, Sorry to hear you had such a rough day. I hope everything turns out good for you. Take Care.

I love the idea of Thursday Postings of what we are doing. I am working on a Judy Niemeyer piece, "Crown of Thorns". I have wanted to trash it several times. But I am driven to work on it. I am determined this is not going to become a UFO. It is turning out beautiful, but it has had it's hair raising moments. The paper piecing is taking forever. I can't believe how little progress I make in a day.

In between working on quilt, I have been working on my DH computer. The modem took a dump. We got it replaced but I was not able to get it installed and working. We have a tech coming today. I hope he gets it back online. My DH is driving me nuts.

I will work on learning how to post pictures so I can join in with all of you.

Sorry to sound so grumpy on this day. I hope for better times next week. Maybe I will have this quilt top finished. Yahoo!!!

I am kind of new here. I have a millenium. I am not a natural longarm quilter, but I am persistent! This is a great thread for getting to meet-n-greet.

Breast Biopsies are no fun. I am a 12 year breast cancer survivor.

Today I am taking a quilt to the fair. This is the first quilt I have ever shown. I don't expect any ribbons, but I hope one person looks at my quilt and is inspired. ;):)

This is a great idea...unfortunately, WORK interferes with my QUILTING!!!! But I will try to post pictures of my weekend quilting and adventures. During the week I have been working on the Bible Quilt hand applique.

This weekend is Halleigh Jo's first birthday party. I will be busy making broccoli salad and potato salad for 30+ people. Her birthday was August 1, but the party is this Sunday. Here are a couple pics of the birthday princess in her crown I made her and with her first cupcake ever. I have to admit, she looks a little bit like the Pope in her crown...but still cute!

post--13461909021409_thumb.jpg

This is such a great idea. I was so busy at work yesterday because of the 10th of the month that I didn't get a chance to check in here. I have been busy at night with the yard. It is all tore up getting ready for sod.

An excuse not to get back to the machine. It has a quilt on it but I'm so frustrated from the thread that I hate to go back. It was looping really bad on the bottom. I got that fixed and not it keeps breaking on the top. I think the stress is making my shoulder and arm hurt. Hopefully I can get back to it this weekend.

Love the picture idea. It is fun to see what is being worked on, even unfinished. The before and after picture that was posted on another thread was a great example of what the quilting does to really enhance the quilt.

I think a Thursday get together sounds like fun. I will try to participate Thursday I was adjusting wheels and working on a quilt. I will try to post a picture. It is a lovely quilt.

Oma, will be thinking of you and hoping all is well.

Archived