Sign in to follow this  
sadiod2

need Stitch in ditch ruler advice

Now that I have pantos pretty much down pat, I want to expand into learning some ruler work starting with SID.

what is the best SID ruler to get? What do you have and what are your experiences with them?

Shelley Dionne

A ruler with quarter-inch "ears" works well since with straight stitching you can position the ears on the seam and that will place the needle in the seam. Don't try SID with a ruler bigger than your hand--smaller is better. Best advice is to position the ruler, stitch, stop, move the ruler, stitch, stop. Don't try to SID by moving the ruler and stitching at the same time until you have some experience.

I use a plain acrylic rectangular ruler--many are available.

Linda Rech

Finely Finished Quilts

Millennium on Bliss rails--hand-guided

http://www.topperquilttools.com

Seriously, I think you'll get alot of responses here. In my opinon, it's going to be a trial and error for you. Not everyone's hands are the same size/strength, etc.

I switched to Deloa's Castle ruler. Had the itty bitty, and Sherry R. Harrison's small pink one, but I go to the castle for almost every SID now.

I keep the others on hand, just incase my hands need a break from holding the castle.

F55CA928B31BF9D50E35FB71F402EFB1.png Millennium/IntelliQuilter 402-450-8321 Designer of the 1/2" foot for Ult II's. 1sheributler@gmail.com

I use the itty bitty or Deloa's Appliguide, depending on the quilt and how well the seams are pressed. The Appliguide is really easy to hold since it is curved and beveled on the outside edge. Trust me, a girl can never have too many rulers! ;)

90EB6B28C6BCFC9DAC2A6D4F9B7AFCA9.png Lisa E APQS Freedom SR with Bliss! Henderson, NV

Guest Linda S

I just use Janet-Lee's Favorite, unless I'm squished into a small corner, when I'll grab the Little Girl or Dainty Ditcher. Just give me a nice straight ruler, and I'm good to go!

Itty Bitty, love it. On my website. My second choice is Little Girl from The Gadget Girls

Myrna Ficken A Quilter's Choice - APQS West, 5787 S. Gallup, Littleton, CO 80120;  Store 435-414-2026 Mobile 435-229-2703  myrnaf@q.com  www.aquilterschoice.com community. Look me up on Facebook   A Quilter's Choice - APQS West