Hydrolic Lifts

Just curious of how often ,daily ,weekly ,monthly does everyone use thier lifts ,I am thinking it might be my next investment so I am not on my tippy toes to see the back and not bent over breaking my back in the front ,I have mine set high because I do have back issues .Its either the lift or sending my machine out to have the open toe foot installed ,thoughts on that welcomed also .

I got my Millie a little over 3 years ago and did not get the lift. My back just kills me. I purchased the lift this spring and I can't tell you how much I love it. I change the height all the time and my back is sooooooooo happy! If you have back problems go for it!!!!

I don't have the lift system either, and I have had 2 back surgeries, so back pain is always there. However, I have my machine set as low as it will go so I can look over the bars to see what I am quilting. The only thing that having the lift would accomplish for me is that Vickie could raise it when she comes over to help me. Yeah, Vickie!

Originally posted by LTZQLTR

I don't have the lift system either, and I have had 2 back surgeries, so back pain is always there. However, I have my machine set as low as it will go so I can look over the bars to see what I am quilting. The only thing that having the lift would accomplish for me is that Vickie could raise it when she comes over to help me. Yeah, Vickie!

;);) I'm willing to bend over to help you, Debbie!! With my lift, I can lower my machine when you come over!!

Originally posted by jimerickson

Before I got my saddle stool, I lowered and raised my machine for every quilt I did. Now I don't move it very often. BTW, I never work from the back of the machine. If I did, I would probably use the lift a lot more often. Jim

When I work from the back I like to raise the machine up. Makes guiding with the rear handles more comfortable for me and I find I can stand straighter with less strain on my back and neck. Helps me as I have had neck surgery.;);)

Guest Linda S

I use my life all the time too, but I didn't get one with my machine. I bought Bolt-on Hydraulics made by Movotec. Comes with the four pistons to raise and lower the legs, the tubing to go around the underside of the table (my table is 14' and there's plenty) and the motor. My brother installed it for me in a snap. Best of all, they only cost about $800. Here's the link. I bought the 00003E - for a life of about 11.8" - works great.

http://www.suspa.com/us/products/height-adjustment/hydraulisch-movotec/bolt-on-system/

Guest Linda S

I've had my lifts for a couple of years now. I ruptured three discs in my back falling backwards over my lawnmower n 2007 (this takes a most special grace and talent -- I don't recommend it), had spinal fusion surgery in 2008, and am only just now getting to the point where I can bend and touch my toes. That hydraulic lift has been a life saver for me. They come with simple zip ties to mount them on the legs of your table, but my brother got some U bolts at the local hardware store and secured mine that way. I can send photos (as I did to Heidi) to anyone who wants to see how they are installed. Hydraulics ROCK!

Originally posted by Starrynight Quilter

Linda,

I would like pictures. I still don't know for the life of me what actually lifts. If you can explain how this works , I would really appreciate it. I plan on doing custom and I can't stand for as long as I would like.

A bracket attaches a hydraulic piston to each of the table legs; by operating the switch "up" or "down", the entire table raises and lowers. The motor operating the hydraulics mounts between the rails of your table.

Here is a picture of mine; hope this helps! I love my lift; now I can sit and quilt, or raise and lower as needed.

post--13461909038666_thumb.jpg

Archived