Got side tracked by Pinterest

I got sidetracked by Pinterest on Friday, made this top in about 8-10 hours. Just had to have it! After it's quilted, I'll bind it in red.... If you look for the tutorial on my Pinterest board "Quilts", it's called (appropriately) Zig Zag quilt - LOL!

Now back to the customer quilts I have waiting for me!

post--13461909033756_thumb.jpg

Oh so nice ,I am looking forward to seeing it with the binding . Zig Zags ,funny thing is I have been on pinterest all weekend ,I have to have a crown royal quilt done by x-mas and was thinking of straying away from the traditional styles and doing a zig-zag only because I saw one (the zig zag ) and fell in love with the paisley looking quilting work done on it.

I have another sampler on right now Linda, and yes! it's really tempting to put it on next! We'll see!

Here's some more info... I saw it on "Bee Square" blog, this version is by "Crazy Mom Quilts" by Amanda Jean. There is another version (I liked the colorization of this one better) using HST by LindaG1's. Hope this helps if anyone is interested...

I'll post again when it's finished!

• 3 weeks later...

So, here are the finished pics!

I used straight lines to follow the "zig zag" and feathers in the white stripes... I had some trouble with the bottom edge being a bit "friendly" so even though I had something else planned, I used bead board for the border... I was going to do large curlicues, but now that it's done I like this better - AND it really helps with a "wavy" border...

post--13461909141726_thumb.jpg

Bonnie - I thought that I posted here, but my computer wont go to page 2 so this may be a duplicate. I was pinning your pics almost a soon as you put them on Pinterest. I agree that this is a wonderful quilt and you can almost smell the ocean cause it makes me think of the shore. You did good girl! :D

PJ: I left you a note on FB, I think you got it!

Thanks everyone for liking this! It's just a happy happy quilt! I'm off to work on another sampler! All my piecers have taken the same classes, so I get to quilt the same quilt over and over! LOL - trying to come up with fabulous but different for each one... YIKES! Every time I finish them, they come back with more! I AM SO GRATEFUL!!!

Archived