I'm so ready to get back to quilting: latest project pics

Here is the wedding dress I made (with much great help from my sister) for my youngest daughter. The fabric is from Joann's Casa collection, machine washable and dryable. I wouldn't use any other kind (I've done 4 of them now). This is at the second reception 2 weeks after the ceremony at his home state. This was what the dress looked like after washing it, letting it hang to dry (since the first daughter was worried about color transfer from her dryer), and having it half smashed while traveling, and no pressing before she put it on! That is why I will only use Casa satin for things I want to be good!

post--13461909043351_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments. The request for the pattern is somewhat of a joke! I made a muslin six seam dress from the pattern that I happened to use for the #2 and #3 daughters, then my sister cut off a large piece of the satin and started to drape and pin it! Micayla stood in her "used by all the sisters" crinoline slip and the muslin for the large part of two weekends while we fit and fiddled with the fabric to get it to look like the inspiration picture. The ruffles were made from the Casa organza cut as a spiral (like when a wound spring is released) tight at the center and growing wider as each spiral goes out. Then they were sewn in pairs about 1.5 inches apart in the desired area. The spiral was held up by the center curve and stitched straight down so the ruffle would fold over on itself.

OMG ,your daughter ,the groom ,the dress ,the fabric ,the weather its all such a perfect match !!! I have been drooling over that dress ,its so perfect in every way and machine washable ,unbeleivable ,you and your help did an outstanding job !!!!!!!!! I just loveeeee me some ruffles too !

Archived