Care to recommend a resource for fabric?

I'm working on an applique quilt with fabrics from Primrose Gradations. Alas, the company no longer exists. They made hand dyed solid colors in gradations...like Cherrywood fabrics but their colors were lighter and clearer. I need some more fabric like this...a few values of almost - solid hand dyes in a few colors...not too mottled or batiked but not flat like Kona solids either. Can anyone recommend a resource? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks, Nancy in Tucson

Setacolor is a non-toxic alternative to traditional dyes. It's more like a paint, permeates the fibers and with the fabric on stretcher bars the color can naturally mix with a spray of water. No mixing, great results that heat-set and don't bleed. This just if you get desperate and want a quick solution for dying your own fabric.

Alternatively, Daiwabo has a line called Serenity Basics that have some strong gradations. Look on the EE Schenck website for colors available. Click on catalog/fabric/ and then Cara Collection to access Serenity Basics.

Since they only sell bolts, you can use the color numbers to search online for smaller pieces.

www.eeschenck.com

I have just started to sell Gelato fabric. It is a solid, gradated fabric -- all or most colors. I sell it for less than stores sell it. My e-mail is susanbrussell@comcast.net, or my phone number is: 801-292-7903 -- Centerville, Utah. My price per yard is $7.25. It's LOVELY fabric. I was introduced to it at a quilt guild lesson showing reverse applique where the teacher had a quilt backing, batting, then the Gelato, then a piece of batik (darker than the Gelato). You quilt a design and then cut it to the Gelato layer on the top (add some Fray Block to the edges and let dry before cutting. All of her samples (table runners, quilt blocks, etc.) were absolutely beautiful!!

By the way -- I sell Quilt Backing (108"-110") and it is in most colors (quilter's blenders and vines) and my price is $7.50 per yard. All that I sell is nice fabric, but I like to offer customers a lower cost (meaning, I don't make much profit) because I think fabric is too expensive.

Archived