What I did today with a little free time.....

Since fall is my favorite time of year and I had a little spare time today, I decided to make myself a new pin cushion/thread catcher, tool caddy to use when I sit and work on applique...or also when I sew at my DM....I used fall fabrics and wool...

7810736754_7e1c796ab1_z.jpg

IMG_1262 by SewmanyquiltsSewlittletime, on Flickr

7810735788_eb9ce93055_z.jpg

IMG_1263 by SewmanyquiltsSewlittletime, on Flickr

looking forward to using it!

Originally posted by o2bquilting

Did you make a pattern for this? Yours is the first one I have seen with the tool caddy attached. If you have a pattern and supply list I would like to purchase it.!!

I think theres a free tutiral over at ,oh frannson ,a blog I read occasionally

Originally posted by queenie123

Originally posted by o2bquilting

Did you make a pattern for this? Yours is the first one I have seen with the tool caddy attached. If you have a pattern and supply list I would like to purchase it.!!

I think theres a free tutiral over at ,oh frannson ,a blog I read occasionally

Thanks Queenie!! I have it now;)

Hi Lucy,

No I did download a pattern online that included the tool caddy and I changed the pin cushion to match the wool one I saw in the Primitive Quilts magazine that came out recently...so I combined two patterns into the one I wanted to make. I liked that you use fusable interfacing inside the top of the thread catcher rather than that plastic tubing and I hot glued the cover onto the base with a little batting to give it some shape and then finished off the bottom with some plastic drawer liner that is non-skid to keep it from sliding off the table. I used some white sand in a little bag I made of flannel and put that inside the pin cushion and stuffed the rest of it with some leftover wool batting which I hope gives some lanolin to the pins that I put in it...the leaf is supposed to be for needles so they are easy to find and not get pushed in all the way.

I googled pin cushion on the internet and I think I found the directions on someone's blog.

It was fun to make using those fall fabrics I had in my stash and I found a fun button in my button tin to add that looked fallish too. I am enjoying using it and really enjoyed my "play day"...:D

Archived