Sign in to follow this  
Primitive1

What I did today with a little free time.....

Since fall is my favorite time of year and I had a little spare time today, I decided to make myself a new pin cushion/thread catcher, tool caddy to use when I sit and work on applique...or also when I sew at my DM....I used fall fabrics and wool...

7810736754_7e1c796ab1_z.jpg

IMG_1262 by SewmanyquiltsSewlittletime, on Flickr

7810735788_eb9ce93055_z.jpg

IMG_1263 by SewmanyquiltsSewlittletime, on Flickr

looking forward to using it!

aedc2cc10e0045c5397509e8f6b74d4d.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sewmanyquiltssewlittletime/

Proud Millie Owner!

Sew Many Quilts - Sew Little Time

Custom Long Arm Quilting

Nice Job! Isn't it really fun when we sit to do hand work to have something so useful and attractive by us. I'm jealous that you found 'free time'. I think it is great that you used your free time for YOU! Cici

CUTE!!!! :cool:

"Of all the things a woman's hands have made---The quilt so lightly thrown across her bed---The quilt that keeps her loved ones warm---Is woven of her love and dreams and thread." excerpt from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt by Carrie A. Hall

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

Shana in North Pole, Alaska ---- The Farthest North APQS Sales Rep  
 Always quilting with her faithful friend, Mademoiselle Madeleine Millennium, Bliss-fully skating gracefully...and having lots of fun with IntelliQuilter

:cool::cool::cool:Always fun to take them time to do something fun for ourselves....

9BD280A625D2D6D2E2166C9DE34879A9.png

Quilting from the Heart

APQS Millenium, Circle Lord equipped, hand guided and lov'n it!!!

http://rosecityquilter.wordpress.com/

http://qfth.ca

Quilting From the Heart is on Facebook!

RoseCity Quilter is also on Facebook!!

Did you make a pattern for this? Yours is the first one I have seen with the tool caddy attached. If you have a pattern and supply list I would like to purchase it.!!

Lucy Drinkall

o2b Quilting, LLC
APQS sales/rental and custom quilting

1025 Industrial Drive, Suite A
Spring Valley, MN 55975
www.o2bquilting.com
lucy@acegroup.cc

Originally posted by o2bquilting

Did you make a pattern for this? Yours is the first one I have seen with the tool caddy attached. If you have a pattern and supply list I would like to purchase it.!!

I think theres a free tutiral over at ,oh frannson ,a blog I read occasionally

A7C82695E937AEDEC59C40E6F4E2F0E5.png

Originally posted by queenie123

Originally posted by o2bquilting

I think theres a free tutiral over at ,oh frannson ,a blog I read occasionally

Thanks Queenie!! I have it now;)

Lucy Drinkall

o2b Quilting, LLC
APQS sales/rental and custom quilting

1025 Industrial Drive, Suite A
Spring Valley, MN 55975
www.o2bquilting.com
lucy@acegroup.cc

Fall is my favourite time of year too. My stash gives that fact away! What an practical project, also soooooo pretty! Love it! :cool:

2EC2AA7574F475301B3018AECBD11B21.png

Proud Owner of 2009 Millie

Bliss & Quiltazoid Friendly

We cannot change the direction of the wind, but we can adjust our sails.....

Hi Lucy,

No I did download a pattern online that included the tool caddy and I changed the pin cushion to match the wool one I saw in the Primitive Quilts magazine that came out recently...so I combined two patterns into the one I wanted to make. I liked that you use fusable interfacing inside the top of the thread catcher rather than that plastic tubing and I hot glued the cover onto the base with a little batting to give it some shape and then finished off the bottom with some plastic drawer liner that is non-skid to keep it from sliding off the table. I used some white sand in a little bag I made of flannel and put that inside the pin cushion and stuffed the rest of it with some leftover wool batting which I hope gives some lanolin to the pins that I put in it...the leaf is supposed to be for needles so they are easy to find and not get pushed in all the way.

I googled pin cushion on the internet and I think I found the directions on someone's blog.

It was fun to make using those fall fabrics I had in my stash and I found a fun button in my button tin to add that looked fallish too. I am enjoying using it and really enjoyed my "play day"...:D

aedc2cc10e0045c5397509e8f6b74d4d.png

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sewmanyquiltssewlittletime/

Proud Millie Owner!

Sew Many Quilts - Sew Little Time

Custom Long Arm Quilting