Purple disappearing ink

Can anyone tell me how to remove this purple disappearing ink when it refuses to disappear. I never use these things but decided I could use a few marks on my latest project and now they won't go away. I know this has been discussed here before, I've searched every way I know how and get no results.

I've had such a frustrating week. Trying to get some things listed on eBay, can I find a photo hosting site that works...no. I'm using three different ones now with three different results, none of them good. If I ever get it working I think I'll list both the computer and the millennium.

If none can help me with the purple ink I'd appreciate it, in any case, thanks for listening.

Now I'm gonna go and eat worms.

Try carbonated water. Dip a Q-tip in the water and run it along the length of the marking. Anything clear and carbonated, without sugar. I learned this some years ago at a Jenny Haskins workshop for machine embroidery.

If you have ironed the purple ink it may not come out. I've also heard that sitting in sunlight can set the ink. Let us know if this works for you.

Hi Cindy!

It's dry enough here where we live that the purple marks can stay for a long time. They are easily removed with water--use a Q-tip as suggested. Don't spritz in case something might bleed. I use an Aquadoodle pen (water dispenser with a hard sponge tip) and Nancy's Notions has a newer water pen as well if you're looking for a permanent tool.

If I'm using a new purple pen or have made many marks, a second application of water might be necessary. But the marks do go away.:)

I have had that experience with a purple pen that I thought for sure was there permanently but I just had to wet the Q-tip more than one time and then it just finished going away on its own. It sure can be frustrating though when you think the marks will go away easily. Good luck and let us know how it all turns out.

I think the second application of water did the trick. I'm sorry for whining, I also had to do a LOT of frogging so had a lot of needle holes to close up and they were almost as stubborn as the purple marks...I was sure I had ruined this quilt. Everything is looking better today and I may have a finished project for Thursday. Thanks again to you all!

Archived