Julie's luscious silk....

I love silk quilts! This one was pieced by Julie Smith. We used Tuscany Washable Wool for the batting, and swirls board from Circle Lord....

7842559076_03e76eecbf.jpg

Julie's Luscious Silk... by RoseCity Quilter, on Flickr

7842558516_282d5a1cc6.jpg

7842556362_aa8d56a2aa.jpg

More on my blog....

Glad to be back to work, or shall I say Play on my Milli.....

I love the silk quilt with all the beautiful colors. I've never used silk for a quilt before and was wondering if it's washable? And is there any particular place you would recommend to buy the silk. The bright colors really bring out the sheen and the quilting.

The quilt looks awesome Ardelle! I am so happy you posted that. I just purchased the swirls template from Circle Lord. What a wonderful company to work with! My e-mail was answered in minutes and then with a follow-up call from Circle Lord, my boards are on the way today. How awesome is that! I am not sure who I talked to, but he was the nicest man ever!

Bet it was Michael himself. Any time I've called that's who I've spoken to. Very, very nice man. Love my boards. My favorite so far is the Swirls, but Square Dance, which I erroneously call Wonky all the time is my second favorite. Seemed awkward at first, but then very easy.

Archived