New Computer System at Grand Rapids.....????

Guest Linda S

I thought there would be an announcement on the main APQS page so the rest of us could see the info, but apparently not. I'm really interested to see how it works.

I hate complaining, but one of APQS weakest points IMHO is their advertising of new products. It was the same when they brought out the Bliss system.

What does it really take to give their customers some decent information and photos on the new products.

Right, I'll get off my sandbox :P

Yes Kath, I too. If your going to bring something into the quilting world that is going to change everything about the company, HELL SHOUT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't be afraid of showing your pride in what you have done. Plaster it all over the APQS website. Make sure everyone knows about it. zeke........................

I know that the entire APQS team has been working hard to fine-tune their new computer system. I'm sure they want it to be rock-solid before they start trumpeting its praises to the quilting world. Be patient - they'll tell us what they can, when they can! And hopefully the Rep team will get some details to share with you before too long.....;)

I saw it, up close. Did not run it, but played with the Millie that the new system was mounted on (cuz I wanted to try the bliss). With the system disengaged I could not even tell it was there, and engaging the system was as easy as the flip of a switch. Also the price is right, so even though I really was not in the market for a computerized system, I am very tempted.

Originally posted by Sparkle

Do all computer guided systems have what I see as belts and pulleys along the bottom metal portion of the carriage? Just curious as I find all that "stuff" so distracting and just another place for lint and threads to accumulate.

Hi Angie--every system has to have a way to move the head. Some have a cable and pulley system and some have a track system so the drive motor can be directed by the computer to move the head in the correct direction. I think the pictured track could be maintained by your air compressor?

Can't wait to see more of this--I'll give it a good try-out at MQXWest in October.

I have this system, except my wheels are horizontal to fit my table. My computer system has a sort of track-like cable pulley setup. It's the white cable in the pic. I can disengage the computer from my machine very quickly and easily, BUT (important) in order to use my CL boards I have to unhook the cable that runs the length of my table and put it out of the way. Then when I want to use my computer again I have to stretch it back to the end and tighten the clamp on it. Not a major problem. I don't know how the other ones work.

In my case, I also have to remove a plate that attaches to the bottom of my Liberty (It's what attaches to the Liberty to the computer base using magnets) because there isn't enough space between it and my table to fit over the CL boards. I've heard people on here are getting rid of their CL boards because they are getting computers. My suggestion is to wait before you do that. I use both my boards and my computer system. Also, if something should happen to your computer system then you still have the CL boards as back up. Sort of like not getting rid of all of your candles just because you got electricity.

I'm very interested to see how APQS computer works because I want to be Blissed so badly and I can't do that with my computer system right now. If APQS is what I think it is going to be then maybe I'll sell my current system and invest in APQS' computer and Bliss. Best case scenario is I figure out a way to get Blissed and keep my present system.

Yes, Barb, it's the SideSaddle system. My wheels are actually horizontal not vertical like these. This system sits to the left of my Liberty. The cable connects to the left end of my table, runs through the big rectangular box part...under my liberty, resting against the table top and connects to the right side of my table. I can't put the CL boards on top of it because it makes them "kitty wampus" and it doesn't work. I can't put the cable on top of the CL boards because it gets in the way of the stylus. It's a fairly flat cable too.

Archived