Is this broke or just came loose?

I noticed this was in the six oclock position and went to re-ajust and it fell into my hand ,too tired to take machine apart tonight , I also noticed there are no threads on either end of this so my guess is it may be broke but both ends look the same ,thanks if anyone is still awake

post--13461909095793_thumb.jpg

My spare piece looks just like that, so I doubt it's broken. I tried pulling the same piece out of my Miillie and it would swing back and forth but not come out. You can probably just stick it back in the hole, but there may be some sort of allen screw keeping it in. My advice - take two aspirin (well, tylenol) and call APQS in the morning. Let us know what you find out!

Guest Linda S

Yep, it's just the thread guide after the tensioner. Mine doesn't move, but yours seems to have come loose and fallen out. I think Barb's advice is great! :)

Queenie,

If you look underneath the hole where that "shepherd's hook thread guide" normally goes, you will see a tiny Allen set screw. The set screw is on the underneath side of the machine, facing your quilt. It just vibrated loose. If necessary, loosen the screw a little more, then put the guide back in place and tighten the set screw again.

I so glad that Dawn is up and alert at nine a.m. She saved your machine, your mind, and a big Dr. bill. I bet the good Dr. would not have been able to tell you want was wrong. Even so, Barb, I loved your advice. I can confess that many times I take 2 aspirins and a diet coke break before I get back to my friend Lenni.

Way To Go APQS!! I'm so glad the staff and entire work force are so knowledgeable and pleased to share. The service is worth buying APQS!

CiCi

Thank you ladies ,glad I was too tired last night to mess with it ,Dawn you saved me ,I would have removed the outside plate before anything else ,after reading your post I went and found me a mirror and sure enough there was a tiny set screw ,found me an allen wrench and was back to sewing ,thanks again to all of you ,at least I was able to sleep knowing I did not have to order another one .

Archived