pebbles...

i know it's not Thursday....or is it? :)

i'm working on this 'Northwoods Wilderness BOM' and i insanely thought that pebbling the background would be a good idea. must of been hearing the loose pebbles rattling around in my head :) ..but i'm further along on it, and i'm glad i did...

but now my hands hurt, so i'm calling it a day.

HERE'S a link to the full picture of the quilt....

post--13461909141383_thumb.jpg

Hi Shannon,

I love the pebbles on this quilt. Very nice!

It looks like the applique is raw edge, is that right? I'm planning to make this quilt this winter but a little worried about the edges of the applique and how to finish them off. Or is this one of those quilts that hangs there and looks pretty, rarely to be washed??

Originally posted by Pat C

It looks like the applique is raw edge, is that right? I'm planning to make this quilt this winter but a little worried about the edges of the applique and how to finish them off. Or is this one of those quilts that hangs there and looks pretty, rarely to be washed??

it is raw edge on this quilt. she stitched just inside the edge of everything with matching thread. some of those applique pieces are too skinny to satin stitch or needle turn....

i have raw edge appliqued a block once and just edge stitched it. i've washed the quilt and all that happens is that the little flap beyond the stay stitching pulled up. no threads to speak of, but i did trim a place or two....i can email you a picture if you like....

so yes, you could use this quilt.

Originally posted by doodlebug

Originally posted by Pat C

it is raw edge on this quilt. she stitched just inside the edge of everything with matching thread. some of those applique pieces are too skinny to satin stitch or needle turn....

i have raw edge appliqued a block once and just edge stitched it. i've washed the quilt and all that happens is that the little flap beyond the stay stitching pulled up. no threads to speak of, but i did trim a place or two....i can email you a picture if you like....

so yes, you could use this quilt.

Thank you Shannon! I've only done raw edge applique on a small wall hanging so wasn't sure how to tackle a quilt that I wanted to wash. That helps a bunch!

You do beautiful work - I love seeing what you're working on!

Originally posted by Mrs.A

I do all right with round pebbles but I LOVE those oval shaped pebbles. Gotta try it. Any tips?

think ovals instead of circles :P *giggle*

just PPP....

if i had a way to hold a camera, i'd take a short video...any suggestions on how to do that???

duct tape the camera to the handle bars?? *snicker*

Archived