Thursday update

Well, here it is again, a Thursday and I haven't done anything quilty to report for this week. We've been busy getting ready to enjoy the long weekend. So what has everyone else been doing today?

I enjoy reading all of the comments,looking at pics of quilts and grands and critters that are embedded in our lives. Take care all and have a great Labor Day weekend,:D

Both my grandboys are in town for a few days and Grammie is getting a workout running after a 2 and 3 year old. Talk about endless energy and silliness! Love them so very much and it certainly will be quiet when the holiday is over. When they go down for their naptime ( and their mommies join them) I have been working on some hand sewing. Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday weekend. ( and in my mind my favorite season of autumn begins on Tuesday! Pass the pumpkin donuts!) Sally in NE Ohio

I am hoping to finally get my finally dry quilting room back together later today after my water leak....just have to rearrange some books so my area is clean enough to quilt...also going apple picking tomarrow with the grands and kids so have some shopping and baking to do later today....

I actually pieced a little this morning before work! I have a quilt I'm trying to get done by tonight so I can get it loaded. Still dealing with MIL. Not fun in the slightest. I called her a selfish b***** last night. Not at all proud of myself but she pushed me too far. :mad: It takes a lot to get me that mad but mess with my husband or kids and you get a major fight. New meds to deal with and another trip to the dr. I would most definitely rather be quilting.

Yesterday I spent finishing all but a border on the top of a Quilt of Valor. Today it goes on the frame with a border.

OOOPS this about the baby boomers was Wed afternoonAlso went to a Baby Boomers one day function and we had a short session and gave out information about the ECA and our guilds raffle quilt which we are raffling for Helping Hands Clinc. They give a lot of care for those who aren't able to pay for a Dr's visit, or meds for the same people.

We also went out to supper and then :D:P:P visited the kids for a while..

Bed sure felt good.

Well, here it is Sunday already. I did this one yesterday and am now working on one that was so simple but turning into a nightmare. I have 13 days before husband goes in for back surgery. Mom coming tomorrow so we can go to a funeral on Tuesday. Have nine quilts to get done...some not very big thank goodness. And here I am on here...lol

post--13492895108197_thumb.jpg

With my scratched cornea the I have had to limit my quilting so took the embroidered quilt off and worked on this one. I had fully planned on doing CCs on the around the geese but as this was mostly denim and suit fabric the points were just too heavy, broke several stitches before I gave up and meandered. Customer picked it up today and was very pleased and that is all that matters. I was working on this on Thursday, just too busy to post

This should have been posted on Thursday but I was trying really hard to get this finished for my customer by Friday. I really wanted to do CCs on this quilt where I meandered but the fabric was denim and suit fabric and I broke several needles before I gave that idea up. Trying to quilt with one eye is not much fun. Thank goodness I will be back with two eyes next week.

post--13492895108418_thumb.jpg

Ditto to all above. I love to keep track of all the different quilts and stuff that we are all involved in.

Bekah, I hope that your eyes are all better soon. Awhile back, I had a burn on my eye from a grease spatter. Very painful and I had to wear a patch to keep my eyelid closed for a couple of days. No fun working with one eye.

Archived