Post Birthday Block Pictures Here

dtreusch

Hi all. Someone asked for a thread to post birthday block pictures. I figured I would get one started since I got my first block yesterday. Please make sure that the images you post are fairly small so we don't have to scroll to see the entire block. Have fun viewing all of the blocks.

Debbi

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

I was so excited to receive 2 blocks on Friday along with very warm birthday wishes. Have been admiring them since. Please excuse me if this does not turn out...have never succeeded in putting my picture with my signature and have never tried posting a picture...Here goes!

First one is from Jeanne Rumans (Shadows4). She called it Prairie Queen.

The second one is from Janet Armstrong. Just amazing how nice they look together.

I don't see any pictures! Well, know that they are very pretty and I appreciate them...Thanks girls! Maybe someone can send info so I can share:( I did a search, but this picture business is clear as mud.

Wow! there is one...Janet's.

Linda:

I'm glad it arrived also. There is always that fear that it'll never reach it's destination, and I'd almost rather lose $ than a quilt block!! It's wonderful the way it goes with Janet's block! Hopefully they will all look amazing together. It'll be exciting to see your finished quilt. Thank you for posting the pictures, and have a great birthday.

Jeanne

I also took 4 to the post office on either the 2nd or 3rd of January and only know that one was received by Linda. I hope they got to where they were supposed to. I have 6 more that I'm going to mail today so I hope there isn't a problem.

I'm having a blast making them. I'm doing them randomly, but making sure that I get January's done. That way later birthdays don't have to wait for almost a year to have the fun too. To get myself a little out of my comfort zone I'm going to plan on doing all of the blocks, and trying to do different blocks each time. I'm doing some out of fabrics and patterns I wouldn't normally do. I've really enjoyed this so far.

I've mailed two so far, haven't heard from either of those folks. I have 4 more waiting to go out in the mail. Don't worry January people, they're on the way. I sat down last night and made myself a good list of when everybody's date is and exactly what they want. I plan to do everybody, which is 53 people. I'm also using some color combinations that I normally wouldn't, but so far I'm having so much fun. I plan to get the February ones done this weekend.

I received a large block from Carol and two little ones from Sandy. I cannot believe how well they go together! I do not have time to figure out photos today but promise to post those when I can.

Today I will be quilting my first quilt of the year. This one is my challenge entry for a retreat I will attend in three weeks and I need to have it off in the mail tommorow so it can hang at the store for judging..............so I am off to play with Merlin!

Thank you both Carol and Sandy.....................I will send e-mail later.

I have also downloaded and printed the spreadsheet so I will be getting organized and begin making blocks for everyone.............................I plan to make a few each month so it will take quite some time for everyone to get one and hopefully each of us will get a few at a time...................will make it a really fun year :)

Since my birthday is so early, I didn't really expect to get blocks by my birthday. But there are some wonderfully organized women out there. Among them:

Janet Armstrong

Vicki Bohnhoff

Kate Myers

Sandra Darlington

Jeanne Rumans

Teresa Taylor

and over achiever Linda Fritchen (Linday I do remember you, you sat in the back of the first room by the door, think you got your Mother to be a Janer too)

Thank you all, it has been a wonderful birthday surprise!!

I want to thank everyone for the great blocks I have gotten so far this month!

Vicki Bohnhoff

Susan Contreras

Jeanne Rumans

Carol Hillary

Renea Gamel

Janet Armstrong

Sandra Darlington

Lorrie Houle

Kate Myers

Marylyn Jones

I will try to post a photo of these beautiful blocks soon. I still have not figured out how to do it right here so it will be a link to my webshots when I get it up I will let everyone know.

I also notice that Kate and Marylyn are not on the spreadsheet.................was there an update sent out?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived