Quilting Again Soon

The Millennium survived the move and is now set up again, almost ready to use. As soon as we find a level or give up and go buy another one, we can get it level and I'll be back to quilting. Seems like it's been forever since I was able to fondle fabric and dance with the longarm. For those of you who piece and/or quilt every single day and then stop for several months, there are definitely withdrawals. Thank goodness I had started knitting again or I would have gone totally nuts!

We found a house with a 19 x 30 room in the basement and I thought it would be plenty big enough for the longarm, sewing machine, cutting table, etc. I'm beginning to wonder if it's going to all fit. Is there really ever a room large enough to house all our "stuff" or do we just fill up whatever size room we end up having?

Judy,

I was just thinking of you today wondering if you had landed yet. Yippee, you are set up and ready to go. Love your kitchen - yes, I agree, two ovens are a must. Your poor DH - someone said he needs new socks - just remember - he is in southern Missouri now - you rarely wear shoes, let alone socks :D (I can say that since I from that neck of the woods).

Good for you Judy! It's post-holiday and I've been able to finish a few personal projects. Imagine my dismay when I found my batting was too small for the quilt (it grew) and I had to place an order. Now I'm waiting again.

Oh, and the space? mine is 24 x 13. NOT big enough. Trust me on that one! So my sewing machine is upstairs, my fabrics and iron are downstairs. If it weren't for the stairs, I'd get no exercise at all!

cw

Judy:

Glad your all moved and got your machine set up ready to go.

Welcome back, sorry to hear the movers did what they did.....I'd be hot enough to fry eggs on I tell you.

My husband and I will be selling and moving this year and I'm worried about moving the machine. We might load that in our small trailer, I know the machine head will be with me for sure...:D

Glad your in your new home.

Happy Quilting,

Linda: I packed the machine head in its original box with the original packing materials and it was actually in the best shape of most anything else. I had them box up the glass top and it made it ok. The leaders were all sprayed with something green so they'll have to be replaced but otherwise, the whole machine made it fine. It's my furniture and walls in my house that didn't do so well.

I will definitely be very apprehensive about the next move and will probably drive the movers nuts. Hopefully, I'll not have to face the movers again for a few years.

Hi Judy, it is so good to see you on here again. Glad to know that you have gotten moved and almost ready to go again. I know you have missed the quilting and the forum. We sure have missed you. You said you are in Southern Missouri now. Is that anywhere near Alton? I have a sister who lives there.

You wonder about your large room and if it will be large enough for all your "stuff". The answer is "NO". We never have enough room no matter how large it is. However, if you find you have extra space you will certainly need to get more "stuff". Good to see you back. TheNiftyStitcher

Archived