Sign in to follow this  
Lynne in Iowa

NQR- Could you help my son's FFA project

Aaron has spent the past year restoring a tractor for his FFA project. He has now entered it into a contest for FFA students. He needs votes for his video to win this portion of the contest. Would you consider voting for him at www.delotrcvoting.com Select the video for Aplington-Parkersburg FFA, enter the code you see in the box and vote. You can vote daily until mid October. We would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Lynne

Quilting in the tractor shop with Lenni and her QZ friend

Voted!!

We don't even have a farm and are tractor poor! My husband will love this site. Good luck!!!!!!

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

Done! Cool video and a great looking tractor!

I'm glad to see the young people are restoring these old gems. We have a few on our place that could use much restoration.

Tell him good job and keep up the good work! Hope he wins!

Pat C

Hi Lynne,

The least I can do for a fellow Iowa! I don't live on a farm, but I had relatives in Minnesota who did. My Uncle Butch had one arm and restored old tractors his whole life. I also have a friend here in central Iowa who's husband is very involved in old tractors and the organizations that show and parade them here -- can't remember the name off hand. Her name is Shari Walkup and she is the president of our local quilt guild.

I will vote as many times as they will let me!

Mary Burns

QuIlTeD HeArTwOrKs

Freedom SR

Lynne - What a delight to read and see the work of the FFA organization. I am a retired vocational teacher who worked side by side with the FFA sponsor. In Louisiana, living in the suburb, FHA members study nursery plants etc. not corn and tractors. Congratulations to your son - great restoration job. Ten votes today and I"ll give him 10 votes per day. CiCi

Lynne -- 10 votes in for Aaron. I do have to admit that I also put a vote in on several of the Orange tractors. After 20 years with "that" company in the 60s to 80s, my blood still has some orange in it. :)

Johnmach

Thanks everyone. He spent well over 200 hours on it not counting the time to fill out the 22 page essay workbook or make the video. He broke his finger early in the football practice season. Cast comes off today!

post--13492895158717_thumb.jpg

Lynne

Showed hubby the site last night! I think he spent about an hour looking at all the tractors and voted for Aaron!!!

10 more voted this morning!

Dell 2016 Millie Frannie Ann Jr. with Bliss & she is Quiltaziod and Circle Lord Equipped with lots of Quilting Toys and now has Quilt Path!

I am just so impressed!!!!! I looked at many of the vidoes and WOW!!!!!! These young folks will smile into their old age when they think of this project! What will be done with all these beauties now that they are restored? Please tell Aaron how impressed we all were!!!!

Just Sew Simple Sylvia Blissett APQS Freedom '09 "Stitch" Circle Lord 2010 “"Until one has loved an animal, Part of their soul remains unawakened.”

My vote's in! He looks so proud standing there! How can you NOT vote?

The voting booth said you can vote up to 10X per day per IP address/puter. I'll start put'n mine in 10x per day! Good luck to your son Lynne!

Nice job on that tractor!

F55CA928B31BF9D50E35FB71F402EFB1.png Millennium/IntelliQuilter 402-450-8321 Designer of the 1/2" foot for Ult II's. 1sheributler@gmail.com

Some of the tractors are class projects and are auctioned off to fund next years project. Aaron's was a personal project and is the start of his collection. (Dad has 28 I think) He seems to have caught the restoration bug from his dad. Their hobby makes my quilting addiction look cheap!

Lynne