featherweight

Gail,

I have the book and CD for caring, cleaning etc written by Dave McCallum. I think they are very good, great pictures and diagrams. His instructions are very well written, very clear to understand. I use mine often, any time I have a question or when I want to clean, oil or do anything else to my feather weight machines. I have two, black one and white one. I use my black one to do all of my piece work. I think you could do without the CD, but the book is great. Hope this helps.

CiCi

Yep, JoAnn is probably right; even though the belt may not feel too tight; it probably is. Very simple to adjust both ways. You can always give it a try and then put it back if it didn't work. We've had two machines with this problem that were just serviced by great technicians but unless you really sew or sew next to another one going faster, you don't notice they are slow. Have fun with your new baby.

My DH gave me a featherweight for Christmas back several years ago. It ran just fine, but he wanted me to take it somewere to be checked. I took it to a couple in St. Cloud, MN. Not to long of a drive for you. They oiled, cleaned & checked it totally out. I was only missing some little screw. He specializes in Singer Featherweights, has parts & accessories. Let me know if you need a name & number.

My DH and son went through Ely just this morning on their way to their entry point, into the Boundry Waters not far from you! A first for my DH & a second for our youngest son. Watching they get ready, was like watching little kids on Christmas morning.

Archived